MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

360 degree editing

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roger Bansemer
360 degree editing
on Dec 14, 2019 at 7:35:05 pm

I think I already know the answer to this but not quite sure...
I purchased a GoPro Max which shoots in 360. With the GoPro editing the footage can be edited in such as way as to viewed as a 1920x1080 video and the event can be "swung" around from forward, backward, zoomed in, out, etc.
This is different than rendering footage where the viewer has to move around with a phone or headset if you know what I mean.
Can Vegas 17 edit 360 footage this way?
Roger

Roger Bansemer - PaintingAndTravel.com

Return to posts index

John Gordon
Re: 360 degree editing
on Dec 20, 2019 at 11:55:32 am

AFIK you can edit 360 video since Vegas 16, but you need a utility to inject the metadata into the rendered file in order for it to work as intended. A simple YouTube search will yield a couple of tutorials on this. I believe I saw one done by Alex Halford using Vegas 16.

John Gordon

Return to posts index

Roger Bansemer
Re: 360 degree editing
on Dec 20, 2019 at 4:14:57 pm

I watched that video earlier and what he's doing is rendering the video as a 360 video where you use your phone and can swing around to see a panorama. What I was wondering was Vegas capable of editing the 360 video as a 1920x1080 where in the edit I'm able to choose the vantage point.
Roger

Roger Bansemer - PaintingAndTravel.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]