MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

event audio keyframes?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
René van Gageldonk
event audio keyframes?
on Dec 3, 2019 at 6:29:57 pm

In Vegas Pro 17 I've been searching for a way to keyframe the audio event volume. Notice: not the track, but the event. With the track this is easily done with keyframes on the audio volume envelope. When I reshuffle the events I want the keyframed audio volume to stay with the video. Not even the volume fx is keyframeable.
Has anyone any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: event audio keyframes?
on Dec 4, 2019 at 8:12:32 am

[René van Gageldonk] "Has anyone any suggestions?"[René van Gageldonk]
Yes.

"Notice: not the track, but the event. With the track this is easily done with keyframes on the audio volume envelope. When I reshuffle the events I want the keyframed audio volume to stay with the video."
You DO need to insert a TRACK Envelope; add your adjustments points AND then Lock Envelop to Event and shuffle away :

You'll find all your Event Adjustments are "glued" to the Event. Works a treat!

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 10 64-bit 64gb * Intel® Core™i9 - 3.3GHz * 40Gb NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX60HS Bridge

Return to posts index

René van Gageldonk
on Dec 4, 2019 at 9:10:45 am

[Graham Bernard] "You DO need to insert a TRACK Envelope; add your adjustments points AND then Lock Envelop to Event and shuffle away"

Thanks Graham, just what I hoped for. There's only one thing: "shuffle" doesn't work. Mind you I get the job done now because of you; there are more ways to Rome, bust 'shuffle' , as in rightclick and hold and move the event on top of another event > and then choose "Shuffle events" doesn't work with the audio keyframes.
But it works with just moving so it can be done. Thanks for your great help.
René

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Dec 4, 2019 at 9:23:47 am

[René van Gageldonk] " There's only one thing: "shuffle" doesn't work."
AH, righto - you're using the actual SHUFFLE Tool. Hmmm.. interesting.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 10 64-bit 64gb * Intel® Core™i9 - 3.3GHz * 40Gb NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX60HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Charles Smiley
on Dec 7, 2019 at 6:01:11 pm

I'm glad I saw this. If you do lots of sound Foley work on silent old film you need this ability to slip things around without losing the small volume and pan changes.

This is almost totally automatic in PPro and seems somewhat an after thought in Vegas - ie. slipping sound clips around and over each other with retention of the volume envelops. . But since I will never use PPro again (after 25 years) I guess I'll just do it this new way. Some of the things in Vegas (16-Pro) are better than PPro and with no yearly "ransom" fees to endlessly pay. :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]