MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Inconsistent Cut Points with Multitrack Editing

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joseph Wilde
Inconsistent Cut Points with Multitrack Editing
on Nov 20, 2019 at 6:49:37 pm

I have a quirky, petty, but fairly frustrating issue that I deal with daily, and I'm hoping the brain trust here might be able to help me out.

I shoot educational videos utilizing a 2 camera setup, and use the multitrack editing abilities of Vegas Pro 15 to go through and cut between the two shots. I'm typically doing this 'live', letting the video play through and using my keyboard to jump between the cameras. But during that process, there are also times where I'll need to click back to a certain section, add a marker to annotate something, make manual edits, etc.

Sometimes the multitrack editing works as I want it to, which is to say that when I hit the appropriate key ('1' or '2') Vegas will cut to that camera at the same point in time as my live viewing. However, there are also many times where Vegas will instead cut to the last place I put the cursor instead of where the live viewing is at. This leads to a lot of frustration as I have to undo those erroneous edits, get things rolling again, and hope it will then work as I want it to. It also leaves me paranoid about the wrong camera being cut to earlier in a session without me knowing about it.

I'm assuming there must be some logic as to why Vegas will sometimes perform the multitrack edit at the point of playback, whereas other times it will do it where the cursor was last pressed. But the details of that logic elude me. I've done a lot of experimenting (mostly trying to click in various places before or during the editing), but I haven't figured out the magic formula to make things work as I want. To be clear, it'd be ideal if the multitrack edits always happened at the same point of the live playback (whenever live playback is occurring).

Has anyone else dealt with this, or have tips to make things work as I'd prefer?

Thanks so much in advance.

-Joseph

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]