MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Recommendations for Best GPU to use with Vegas Pro 17

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Phil Loarie
Recommendations for Best GPU to use with Vegas Pro 17
on Nov 20, 2019 at 5:26:49 am

Hello Dear Staff and Forum Members,
I am looking to optimize my hardware for Vegas Pro 17, I need recommendations of the best GPU for the task. This will likely be an Intel based i9 Motherboard with at least 32 GB of RAM, 256 GB of SSD and a 2 TB hard drive, running Win10.

Please advise,
all the best,
-Phil Loarie

Curiosity is the tension in the spring that moves us forward.

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
Re: Recommendations for Best GPU to use with Vegas Pro 17
on Nov 22, 2019 at 3:30:46 am

I'm sure that others may violently disagree, but It's pretty simple IMHO. If $ is no object, just get the best Nvidia card you can afford, at a minimum a 1660 or 2060 card (I still use a 1050 ti). In other words, stay away from AMD cards. In V17 hardware decoding is supported only for Nvidia cards at the moment. Moreover, if you look at external apps that support GPU encoding, most everyone supports QuickSync and Nvenc, but virtually no one supports AMF. That may change in the future, but for the moment I'd go with an Nvidia. They also have a "studio driver" version designed for creative apps such as editing as well as the usual driver for "gaming". One other recommendation--buy from a retailer where you can return it if not satisfied. Some well-known sellers do not permit video card returns.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Phil Loarie
Re: Recommendations for Best GPU to use with Vegas Pro 17
on Nov 22, 2019 at 7:01:41 am

Thank you so much Wayne for your kind attention. deeply appreciated.
All the best,
-Phil

Curiosity is the tension in the spring that moves us forward.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]