MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

what is the best system

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joost Zeeveneegelbeek
what is the best system
on Oct 16, 2019 at 10:41:15 am

Hi everyone,

I purchased SVP17 and found my computer inadequate to run it (Windows 7, 2nd gen i7, motherboard not supported for Windows 10, Sapphire HD7870 graphics).

So I'm looking at getting a complete new system. For a budget of max $3000 without monitors, what would be the best system I can put together for years of troublefree SVP17 use?
And speaking of monitors: I lean towards buying an 32:9 ultrawide Samsung with 1080 vertical resolution, and using a separate 4k monitor for preview.
But apart from the system requirements Sony lists, I have no idea of what the best combination of hardware would be.

Please advize.
JJ

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
Re: what is the best system
on Oct 16, 2019 at 10:24:39 pm

Your system is not inadequate to run Vegas Pro 17 Joost.
I have a far less powerful on the go laptop than what you have there and uses Vegas Pro 17
heavily with no issues.
Anyway, when buying a powerful system for Vegas Pro, Maximum CPU Processing power is what to more focus on, not GPU.

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Joost Zeeveneegelbeek
Re: what is the best system
on Oct 17, 2019 at 7:36:24 am

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply. It sounds hopeful. I thought I had to switch to W10 for two reasons:
- system requirements list Windows 10
- I installed Vegas Pro 17 on my Windows 7 system, but it won't open/run. Then I changed ssd's to one with Windows 10 on it, installed SVP17 again. Now it does run, with no hardware changes.

What could be the reason why it won't run on Windows 7 but will on Windows 10?

So why do I think I need a new computer when SVP17 runs on my current system?
I have had issues with running Vegas Pro 12 for years now. I disabled gpu use, clean up the project bin, but still have trouble with playback/preview, rendering and audio. Playback is often interrupted, sometimes not even possible. Rendering only completes succesfully with no or very little previous actions. This is why I thought I needed a major upgrade in system speed and memory, with close attention to gpu capability.

Does it really not matter much what the system consists of, as long as it is fast?

Regards,
J.J.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]