MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Audio in the track stops sounding during playback

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ángel Molina López
Audio in the track stops sounding during playback
on Sep 23, 2019 at 10:13:33 am

Hi everyone:

I have a plugin installed in Sony Vegas 13 called Unveil to remove the reverb of my room. The problem I have with this plugin is when I hit play, the audio track with the plugin plays smoothly but after a few seconds it stops playing. However, the rest of the tracks are still running.

The only fix I have found is to turn down the audio playback quality to 32000 hz, and it doesn't always work. Also, I lose certain features in some effects if I lower it to that sample rate.

Do I have to configure Vegas somehow so that the plugin works properly?

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Francois Pénzes
Re: Audio in the track stops sounding during playback
on Sep 24, 2019 at 12:40:56 am

Hi Angel

Did you verify that your computer meets the minimum requirements for the plugin ? I do believe that it is very CPU intensive.

I would start by making sure your rig is up to snuf.

Cheers !

PC Win 10 Pro 64-bit 16gb Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz
Cameras: Canon XF305 + Canon XH-A1
Blackmagic HyperDeck Studio Mini
Vegas Pro 16, User since Vegas 3.0

''When the cutting stops, the editing begins...''

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Sep 24, 2019 at 2:11:19 am

[Francois Pénzes] "I would start by making sure your rig is up to snuf."
Francois may be on the right track. I did some quick Googling and got to the UNVEIL Synaptic site and found this: https://www.zynaptiq.com/unveil/unveil-specifications/
They, Synaptic, even suggest that the PC has to be capable:
CPU Load
Please note: While they are highly optimized, our plug-ins use a LOT of CPU due to the complex nature of the magic they perform. Please use the free trial to evaluate whether your system has sufficient resources to utilize the software effectively! We recommend setting your playback buffer size to at least 512 or ideally 1024 samples for optimum performance.”
Rescanning your VST Folder for the Unveil VST may improve matters, but maybe not.

Also you are running the SONY version of VP13 which is, by third party Pluggers, quite old.

Try and see if there’s anybody on YT that has successfully running your rig with SONY VP13? Have you got the latest VP13 Build?

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 10 64-bit 64gb * Intel® Core™i9 - 3.3GHz * 40Gb NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX60HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Ángel Molina López
on Sep 25, 2019 at 8:50:20 pm

Hi,

I have an Intel i7 860 2.60 GHz (8 CPU) and the last build of Vegas 13.

Return to posts index

Ángel Molina López
on Sep 25, 2019 at 8:52:01 pm

And I seem to remember that I installed the plugin a long time ago in a later version of Vegas and the same thing was happening.

Return to posts index

Francois Pénzes
on Sep 25, 2019 at 9:18:02 pm

Hi Angel

Is it possible that you meant 2.80 GHz ?

Even so, your CPU is at the low end of power. For example, the Intel Core i5-3570K performs better.

In my humble opinion, i think your problem may be just that, lack of CPU power. There are no two ways about it, editing requires a lot of power even when it's bare bones basic. Add just a few little addons and your under powered rig will be huffing, wheezing and puffing until you're ready to throw it out the window. Sorry, mate.

Cheers !

PC Win 10 Pro 64-bit 16gb Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz
Cameras: Canon XF305 + Canon XH-A1
Blackmagic HyperDeck Studio Mini
Vegas Pro 16, User since Vegas 3.0

''When the cutting stops, the editing begins...''

Return to posts index

Ángel Molina López
on Sep 25, 2019 at 9:47:59 pm

What a crap then. How many gigahertz and cores is a processor required for proper editing? I reckon I'll have to wait till I get a job xd.

And yes, I made a mistake writing the number. It's 2.80 Ghz.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]