MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Load thumbnails for all clips in timeline at once?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Geoff Moore
Load thumbnails for all clips in timeline at once?
on Sep 8, 2019 at 12:31:40 pm
Last Edited By Geoff Moore on Sep 8, 2019 at 7:05:02 pm

Hey everyone! Just joined the forum and hoping someone can help. I have a large project in Vegas Pro 13.0 with lots and lots of clips, and when I load up the project I'm having to slowly drag through the timeline to let all the thumbnail previews load. Is there a setting somewhere to load them all, either manually when I need to or when I load the project?

I've tried zooming out so everything's visible, but this only loads thumbs for long clips, not short ones. I also took a look in the internal controls to see if there was anything there but I couldn't a setting that looked like what I needed, or find any documentation for the options there.

Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks for reading.

Return to posts index

Larry Brewer
Re: Load thumbnails for all clips in timeline at once?
on Sep 9, 2019 at 12:20:56 am

Tell us a little about your PC.. CPU, memory? Seems to me Vegas is under performing due to less than adequate hardware.

Return to posts index

Geoff Moore
Re: Load thumbnails for all clips in timeline at once?
on Sep 9, 2019 at 10:51:16 am

Ah, so this isn't standard behaviour? I don't have the specs to hand but it's a basic laptop from a few years ago, definitely underpowered in video editing terms. That said once I've scrolled along and all the thumbnails are loaded they all stay loaded and I can scroll around with no issues, so if it is throttled based on PC performance it seems like overkill to me. It's the scrolling that takes time, not the thumbnail loading - it literally won't load a single one until I scroll forward, but then loads the now-visible clips pretty much instantly.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]