MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

H265 No Video?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Danny Leeves
H265 No Video?
on Sep 6, 2019 at 1:07:16 pm
Last Edited By Danny Leeves on Sep 6, 2019 at 3:15:34 pm

Hi

I would really appreciate it if someone could shed some light and help me with this problem. Im trying to add video into Vegas Pro 17 from an action camera, the action camera allows me to choose h264 or h265 for encoding the videos. h264 imports into vegas fine but h265 only imports the audio track no video at all, the h265 files play fine on my computer and youtube will accept the files also without problem.

I have been scouring google for a few days trying to find a fix but I can't. The action camera outputs the files into a .mov container but like I said the h264 files work fine but the h265 files don't. I even tryed remuxing the files into a mp4 container but had the same problem and trying to convert the files in a video converter seems to throw up errors. I will attach the properties of one of the files that vegas doesn't like.

https://imgur.com/a/zPCXp3z

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Francois Pénzes
Re: H265 No Video?
on Sep 6, 2019 at 6:50:59 pm

Hi Danny

I found that VEGAS PRO16 will read h265 yuv420 at 8 bits, and some h265 at 10 bits provided that it's in an .MOV container. I now record everything with my Blackmagic HyperDeck Studio Mini (on top of the native .MXF file now used for safety backup purposes)

Would that put you on the path of solving your problem ? Let us know want happens.

Cheers !

PC Win 10 Pro 64-bit 16gb Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz
Cameras: Canon XF305 + Canon XH-A1
Blackmagic HyperDeck Studio Mini
Vegas Pro 16, User since Vegas 3.0

''When the cutting stops, the editing begins...''

Return to posts index

Danny Leeves
Re: H265 No Video?
on Sep 6, 2019 at 7:00:26 pm

I finally found a video converter that would handle the files which is handbrake Im converting them all too H264 which now means I can import them into vegas, not ideal but almost done converting them all.

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]