MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Vegas Pro 15 Crashing When Opening Files

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neil Johnson
Vegas Pro 15 Crashing When Opening Files
on Sep 5, 2019 at 8:27:53 am

I've been searching all over for a solution to this problem, but I can't even find anyone else who has it.

So I opened and closed Vegas several times today with no problems. Then, randomly, it started to crash every time I tried to open my project. There's no error message, nothing, it just shuts down. The little bar for the project I need to open always loads 7% before crashing.

Ordinarily I would think my file got corrupted, but now Vegas won't work for any of my files this includes .veg files and any type of video file I try to import. Not all of them stop at 7% though, that's just the project I've been working on.

I've tried restarting my computer, I've tried reinstalling Vegas, and I tried restoring the program to default settings. Nothing is working.

Any advice you can offer is much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Neil Johnson
Re: Vegas Pro 15 Crashing When Opening Files
on Sep 6, 2019 at 3:56:52 pm

Update on this.

I did a system restore on my computer and that fixed the problem temporarily.

I stepped away from the computer for a while and it had restarted itself. I'm pretty sure it automatically updated itself, and now the problem has returned. Does this shed any light on what may be happening? Is there some way to fix it without doing a system restore or preventing my computer from updating?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]