MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Sony Vegas 16 Animation Keyframes Shrinking

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Connor Cottrell
Sony Vegas 16 Animation Keyframes Shrinking
on Aug 30, 2019 at 3:55:01 am

I've noticed this issue happening specifically when I animate Sapphire effects. For example, I'll set animation keyframes on the 12th-to-last, and the last, frames of a clip. (One at the very end, and one 12 frames before the end). These are usually zoom effects, specifically S_BlurmoCurves.

Whenever I close that Vegas project, the frames are almost never where I originally placed them when I open it again. This glitch follows a weirdly specific system. If the keyframes are at the end of the clip, they will now be directly in the middle, and the distance between them will be half of what it originally was. 12 frames in between is now 6 frames.

If the keyframes were at the start of the clip, the distance between them is halved, but they don't move anywhere new on the timeline. The keyframe at the very first frame doesn't move, and the second keyframe moves closer by 50%.

Someone has suggested to me that the issue might be related to the fact that my project settings are set to 60fps, but I render them at 30 fps. But this shrinking issue happens even if I haven't rendered anything in the project. This can be very frustrating when I have a project with a lot of zoom effects, and I have to go through and correct them all if I ever need to close the project at some point.

Has anyone else experienced this, or have a solution you'd think might help?

Return to posts index

Francois Pénzes
Re: Sony Vegas 16 Animation Keyframes Shrinking
on Aug 30, 2019 at 7:05:19 pm

Hi Connor

Not very familiar with Sapphire but have you tried the support or forum at BorisFX ?

https://borisfx.com/products/sapphire/

P.S.: Let us know what happens for the next one with the same problem.

Cheers !

PC Win 10 Pro 64-bit 16gb Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz
Cameras: Canon XF305 + Canon XH-A1
Blackmagic HyperDeck Studio Mini
Vegas Pro 16, User since Vegas 3.0

''When the cutting stops, the editing begins...''

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]