MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Nagging problem, searching for intentionally deleted files

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Maier
Nagging problem, searching for intentionally deleted files
on Aug 29, 2019 at 3:31:15 pm

I'm working on a large project with several hundred files. I remove many from the project, including erasing from the drive, to free up space, and make bins easier to work with. But everytime I re-start Vegas, I get the missing file warnings for the same files, over and over, with every re-start. It's annoying, and wondering if there's a way to tell Vegas that those files were erased on purpose. The list of missing files gets longer and longer, and I also worry that maybe occasionally a file will go missing, that wasn't intentionally removed. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Bruce Brent
Re: Nagging problem, searching for intentionally deleted files
on Aug 29, 2019 at 4:31:39 pm

Robert, here's a shot in the dark. Try "save as" and give it a different name. Let us know if that works or not.

Return to posts index

Robert Maier
on Aug 29, 2019 at 6:30:35 pm

No, unfortunately that doesn't work. Thanks anyway.

Return to posts index

Robert Maier
on Aug 29, 2019 at 6:35:30 pm

Good idea, but unfortunately way too early in the project to clean out all unused files. I just want to delete the bad files that I know I'll never use, like shots that are way out of focus, shots of the car dashboard, shots that were accidental record pushes, or shots that were written out of the script to never return. Kind of interesting that Vegas doesn't have this feature. But in the long run, the work around is to just keep hitting "skip all unfound shots" and hoping that I don't lose something I really needed.

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
on Aug 31, 2019 at 2:44:37 pm

I just had a look around at 3rd party tools and Vegasaur has a 1-Click Command tool called Unused Media. Here's what it does:

This command enables the fastest way to find all unused media in a project. The Unused Media command will find all media in a project that is not currently being used, and then moves them to a special media bin with the name "Unused". The command can be run again to update the bin after changes are made. This command is very helpful when working on large projects with many media files.

Sounds like what you're looking for.
More info at https://vegasaur.com/Vegasaur
It's $100 but is a very extensive tool kit.

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
on Aug 29, 2019 at 5:43:02 pm

Click the symbol that looks like a lightning bolt on the top left of the Vegas window.
This removes anything that's not on your timeline from your project. Save your project again, exit, start it up and you won;t get the nagging. Repeat as necessary.
Be advised that this will also remove anything that hasn't yet been added to your timeline.

From the online help menu:
Click the Remove All Unused Media from Project button to remove any files that have not been used on the timeline.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]