MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

DIY Desktop Editing System

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Bond
DIY Desktop Editing System
on Aug 28, 2019 at 3:58:51 pm

Hello,

I found a thread on this topic that is over a year old, but wanted to see if there are any new perspectives, especially with the recent release of VP17 (I am currently on VP15).

My current system is approaching 11 years old, so it is probably time for a refresh (Windows 7 Pro x64 running on an i7-920 @ 2.67 GHz with 12 GB RAM and a GeForce GT-730 GPU). I am particularly interested in leverage some of the new/enhanced capabilities of VP 17 (e.g., GPU decoding).

I am just getting into UHD source material (GoPro Hero7 Black at the moment), with most content still 1080-60i. I different want to be able to handle HDR UHD (4k) source material for the future.

I am a hobbyist. Thanks!

p.s.: Have have seen pointers to the VideoGuys DIY Build info, although that assumes pretty old. There is also this ProVideoCoaltion post on 4k video editing rig (written by motherboard vendor MSI) . https://www.provideocoalition.com/building-4k-video-editing-pc-2018/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]