MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Best practice for dealing with Studio/Computer RGB Difference? (No External Monitor)

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Beauchamp
Best practice for dealing with Studio/Computer RGB Difference? (No External Monitor)
on Aug 26, 2019 at 9:48:36 pm

Hey Cows,

So I finally noticed a difference most of you already know and deal with. That is my rendered video looks different in media players and on youtube... crushed blacks is what I'm noticing.

I've searched this site and found the solution being to add the Levels "Studio RGB to Computer RGB" for the final render, which absolutely did the trick - great!

But honestly, I can't picture myself always remembering to add that plugin for rendering or always disabling it while grading. I just see it as asking for errors to happen in the future.

I saw that you can set your external preview monitor to always be Computer RGB in Preferences. But this seems to only take effect when you FULLSCREEN the preview, or have it sent to a second monitor set up as an external monitor.

What I'm wondering is if there's a way to set up the smaller preview window in the same manner? Everything I do is bound for youtube or played in VLC player at this point, so I want to be editing in Computer RGB and rendering in Computer RGB across the board without having to worry about applying corrective steps at certain stages, etc.

Any advice?

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Best practice for dealing with Studio/Computer RGB Difference? (No External Monitor)
on Aug 27, 2019 at 3:54:28 am
Last Edited By Graham Bernard on Aug 27, 2019 at 3:56:26 am

[Mike Beauchamp] "Any advice?"
Hi Mike! You’ve got it all. You understand the tools and you understand what you’ve got to do. I recognised later rather than sooner that VegasPro is just that, a professional set of Tools providing us with a platform that ensures we get the best to be offered. Yes, it has its quirks and farts, but mostly it’s a place I daily look forward to edit on.

Work the Problem and continue making engaging videos. 😎

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 10 64-bit 64gb * Intel® Core™i9 - 3.3GHz * 40Gb NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX60HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Mike Beauchamp
Re: Best practice for dealing with Studio/Computer RGB Difference? (No External Monitor)
on Aug 27, 2019 at 5:44:30 pm

...so... there's no way to set the windowed Video Preview to Computer RGB?

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Aug 27, 2019 at 5:57:20 pm

[Mike Beauchamp] "so... there's no way to set the windowed Video Preview to Computer RGB?"
Hi Mike! OK, I use this Freebie, SeMW Extensions for VEGAS Pro

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 10 64-bit 64gb * Intel® Core™i9 - 3.3GHz * 40Gb NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX60HS Bridge

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]