MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Skin tones and lighting

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hiran de SIlva
Skin tones and lighting
on Aug 21, 2019 at 5:45:01 pm

I have an iPhoneX and a Canon D3100 DSLR. I am shooting video presentations in 'explainer' type of videos.
I get a great result for both skin tone (I'm brown skinned) as well as a great lighting result when I use the iPhoneX in Portrait mode, and I 'screen record' to shoot a video. What I like about it is, my face and the surroundings appear well lit, I use the Vivid Warm setting on the filter - and I do look warm(!) with it, and my skin looks 'younger and without blemish'. The downside is, screen recording is not the best quality.

My question is this. With the Canon I have none of those filter advantages. So I have to make that happen with post-production filters. I use Vegas Pro 13. What plug-ins in Vegas Pro assist in creating that Vivid Warm effect I get with the iPhone in Portrait? Preferably with a one-click setting.

Here's an example of the video shot with the iPhoneX. This is the result I'm needing.
http://www.reimagineexcel.com/2019/08/21/group-consolidation-preview/

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Hiran de SIlva
Re: Skin tones and lighting
on Aug 22, 2019 at 11:38:40 am

Sorry, newbie question!
I found the answer in VideoFX. There are presets I can use. Doh!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]