MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Is it possible to zoom with the mouse wheel on the timeline without clicking on that point

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Renato Gyuris
Is it possible to zoom with the mouse wheel on the timeline without clicking on that point
on Aug 10, 2019 at 8:39:21 am

I can zoom somewhere on the timeline if I click on that point.
Is it possible to zoom where the mouse arrow located on the timeline. So I don't have to click to zoom somewhere. I can only move the mouse arrow where I would like to zoom.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Is it possible to zoom with the mouse wheel on the timeline without clicking on that point
on Aug 10, 2019 at 10:58:47 am

[Renato Gyuris] "Is it possible to zoom with the mouse wheel on the timeline without clicking on that point"
Hi Renato. Alt+0 gives focus back to Timeline without needing to click on the Timeline.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 10 64-bit 64gb * Intel® Core™i9 - 3.3GHz * 40Gb NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX60HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Renato Gyuris
Re: Is it possible to zoom with the mouse wheel on the timeline without clicking on that point
on Aug 10, 2019 at 11:45:25 am

I thought I would like to zoom for example 00:02:00:00.
I move the mouse arrow to 00:02:00:00.
I scroll and Vegas zoom to 00:02:00:00 (where the mouse arrow located)
If I move the mouse arrow to the middle of the clip Vegas zooms to the middle of the clip.

My problem is when I select multiple clips and I would like to zoom somewhere else I have to click and I lose the selection.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Aug 10, 2019 at 12:15:26 pm

Renato, I’m sorry I don’t understand. Wait for somebody else to respond.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 10 64-bit 64gb * Intel® Core™i9 - 3.3GHz * 40Gb NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX60HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Dimitrios Papadimitriou
on Aug 13, 2019 at 6:24:45 am

I sort of get what you are saying. when you zoom in based where the line cursor is rather than where the mouse cursor is. I find this annoying sometimes. I don't know a work around, some things you might not know that might help, if you hold shift and scroll up or down you will scroll horizontally, if you click in the mouse wheel you can quickly move around the timeline with the mouse in all directions. If you can program your mouse buttons at all you can change the mousewheel click to click+alt and turn on the magnifier on windows, now if you depress the click wheel and scroll you can digitally zoom in and out on the screen, I use it all the time, it's nice for when you are far from the screen just want to zoom in and great for screen capture videos. Hope some of this helps.

Return to posts index

Tyson Onaga
on Aug 13, 2019 at 10:10:11 pm

Maybe use Shift+MouseWheel (scroll timeline L/R)
along with Fn+MouseWheel (zoom in/out timeline) .....

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]