MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Game changer for film audio in Vegas Pro

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin Garrison
Game changer for film audio in Vegas Pro
on Aug 1, 2019 at 5:45:47 pm

Even though it is not officially supported, I took a chance that Audionomix's Steinberg VST plugin Instant Dialogue Cleaner would work in Vegas Pro 16 and it does, beautifully.

You can now separate speech from background noise at the turn of a knob.

Game changer for film audio in Vegas Pro (that is, if there are still some hold-outs left doing film/tv work in Vegas, like me, on account of the fact that Vegas is still the best NLE for audio).

Return to posts index

William Mann
Re: Game changer for film audio in Vegas Pro
on Aug 4, 2019 at 4:29:12 pm

Is there a trial version or do you have to buy it without trying it first?

Return to posts index

Martin Garrison
on Aug 4, 2019 at 5:54:01 pm

Audionomix provided me a link when I said I'd test it out but the link's no longer valid as I purchased the product. Contact audionomix and ask for a link to a trial. I can tell you that the Steinberg plugin works flawlessly so far and it's incredible what they've done. Nothing like it for dialing out background noise from dialogue.

Martin Garrison
Film Editor | Sound Editor | Sound Designer

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
on Aug 4, 2019 at 6:07:57 pm

I believe that's Audionamix ..

Is this what you're talking about?

Return to posts index

Martin Garrison
on Aug 4, 2019 at 8:32:33 pm

Yes. Instant Dialogue Cleaner by Audionamix. I paid $80 from Reverb.

Martin Garrison

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
on Aug 5, 2019 at 6:44:38 pm

I emailed them about a "trial" for Vegas. They sent me a link to the download but told me this:

"You will need the most recent version of iLok License Manager in order to activate IDC. " ..

I've never needed iLok before .. Sounds like something I don't need.

Return to posts index

Martin Garrison
on Aug 5, 2019 at 7:04:59 pm

It's worth it, believe me. You can get an ILok for $39 on amazon. Or, if you have fast internet, you don't need an ILok, only the free ILok License Mgr software. I live in an RV and my internet is slow so I use the ILok. Once you set up ILok, you just plug it into a USB port and you never have to worry.

Dialing down background without degrading dialogue is game-changing IMO.

Martin Garrison

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
on Aug 5, 2019 at 8:58:52 pm

I have fast internet .. so if I do it at all, I will install the Free iLok ..

VP17 just came out .. so I will wait a few days before downloading the trial IDC and see if it will work with VP17 .. thanks for pointing this out.

It may be of use to me as I do a lot "trip" videos where background noise is a constant issue and hard to avoid.

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
on Aug 10, 2019 at 3:51:23 am

IDC (Instant Dialogue Cleaner) Not a game changer for me.

They did send me a link to a free 7 day trial. They said " Although Vegas Pro is not officially supported by IDC, we can provide a trial so that you can see if it works (so far one user has had success with Vegas Pro)."

It is a complicated installation. Downloading the software is easy enough and it installs without a problem and you can run it as a Plug-in within VP16 or even VP17. Problem is that the software (which appears to be running fine) does nothing -- ZILCH -- unless you activate it via the iLok software. I fumbled and went round and round trying to understand it -- finally I stumbled my way to success and got things activated using the "cloud" method.

BUT -- it did not work well for me. Even audio with light background noise produced heavy artifacts that make the dialogue sound tinty with constant hiccups. The controls ( I agree ) are simple but in my case not effective. My old iZotope dialogue plug-in works far better for me. So. Disappointed.

Return to posts index

Martin Garrison
on Aug 10, 2019 at 5:47:35 am

You’re right. But you’ve been kvetchin from the beginning—as if you didn’t want it to succeed. Such sourpussness makes me think perhaps you’re writing off a helpful tool. Not a word of gratitude that I took the time to figure out the Steinberg plugin would work w Vegas pro -6. You treat me like I’m the software co trying to sell it to you. IDC is not rocket science to install. I just tried installing Izotope Ozone 7 in Vegas and it failed. Had to return it. IDC works well for me. Of course if you over dial down background it sounds tinny. I use to dial down -6 to -10. Then I replace noise I’ve lost with clean room tone. Any decent plugin today is gonna use iLok as software co’s are tired of getting ripped off. Can’t blame them. For $99 IDC is a great tool in my sound editing toolkit. You might want to rethink your attitude, dude.

Martin Garrison

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]