MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

How to put trimmed clips on a track into a new project.

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kyle Le
How to put trimmed clips on a track into a new project.
on Jul 29, 2019 at 7:15:36 am

I usually just drag all of my clips onto tracks and trim them right on the timeline as I preview the clips. I have trimmed quite a few clips, but now I realized that my laptop can not handle anymore clips and my project is no where done. I want to continue the project but on a new project file completely. Is there a way to transfer the clips over to a new project without having to trim them again? thank you.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: How to put trimmed clips on a track into a new project.
on Jul 29, 2019 at 8:15:40 am

[Kyle Le] "Is there a way to transfer the clips over to a new project without having to trim them again?"
Save your initial project and then do a SAVE AS with a new name. Now you start with the latest edition of the original but under a new name. Then, if you wish, do a SAVE AS with a further NEW name. Vegass doesn't require to reload and reload and reload, the Projects only hold internal Markers to those original underlying files, unless, of course, you've made or added new media that your original Project wasn't aware of!!

This has been my approach since 2002 - I do this all the time with Projects that are progressing through my Edit process.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 10 64-bit 64gb * Intel® Core™i9 - 3.3GHz * 40Gb NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX60HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
on Jul 29, 2019 at 5:39:09 pm

>> I realized that my laptop can not handle anymore clips

Are you out of space on your drive? Why can't the laptop hold more?

Grazie's advice is spot on unless you are running out of drive space.

Return to posts index

Kyle Le
on Jul 29, 2019 at 5:49:55 pm

I tried another method that seemed to work... i copy and pasted them onto another new project.
But your way seemed easier. either way, thank you.

I am not running out of drive space, but rather, this project is over an hour long and my laptop is starting to lag as I edit more.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Jul 29, 2019 at 6:12:26 pm

[Kyle Le] "I tried another method that seemed to work... i copy and pasted them onto another new project."
That'll work, but can you be absolutley certain you've copied ALL/everything? You wont include any Track settings you have, you'll only get the Events.

* Grazie

PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti

Return to posts index

Kyle Le
on Jul 29, 2019 at 6:15:02 pm

I will do it your method in the future. I just had a bunch of trimmed clips, nothing else. Thank you again.

By the way, is there a way to add a video or audio FX to all trimmed files from different files on the same track? I can see how to do it with the same media or event, but not all files on the same track.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Jul 29, 2019 at 6:43:31 pm

[Kyle Le] "By the way, is there a way to add a video or audio FX to all trimmed files from different files on the same track?"
VFX most certainly, yes, but not all SFXs can do it.

* Grazie

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]