MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

copy media issue with png sequences (the file name is invalid error)

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mark rodriguez
copy media issue with png sequences (the file name is invalid error)
on Jul 24, 2019 at 3:11:15 pm

i am trying to move my vegas project from an older hard drive to a new one by using "save as" and using the "copy media with project" option in the save as dialogue box, it has no problem copying my audio files but has an issue when it tries to copy the PNG sequences i used in the project and i get the dreaded "the file name is invalid" error when it gets to those files in the saving process.

the individual png names in the sequences are quite small (e.g. scene_820001.png, scene_82000.png, etc ) so it shouldn't be an issue of too long of a file name when it goes to write the files. is there something i am missing as to why this might be happening?

and yes, i know i could copy the files from the old drive and reassociate the file paths with the new location, the problem is when i originally created this project years ago i had no idea what i was doing so there are literally thousands of files in the main media source folder and not all of them go with the project i am trying to move and i am trying to only copy the needed files for the project in the interest of saving space. i have already eliminated all the unused files from my media bin, so that i am only copying files in use in my project

is there another way to collect just the used files for a project?

i am using:
sony vegas pro 11.0 (build 701) 64bit
windows 10 pro

thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Marco Baer
Re: copy media issue with png sequences (the file name is invalid error)
on Jul 25, 2019 at 7:48:00 pm

I'm not sure but to me it looks like that "Save + Copy Media" simply does not work with image sequences (while it works fine when single images are used instead a sequence).

Return to posts index

mark rodriguez
Re: copy media issue with png sequences (the file name is invalid error)
on Jul 26, 2019 at 12:59:40 pm

that seems like poor programming to me, i can "collect project" in after effects and it grabs every type media i am using in the project, even SWFs which no program likes using

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]