MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Setting event opacity with envelope SOLVED but weird

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick White
Setting event opacity with envelope SOLVED but weird
on Jul 23, 2019 at 5:53:49 am
Last Edited By Nick White on Jul 23, 2019 at 6:17:58 am

OK. I then found that envelopes can be hidden. The help is vague....select the envelope you want to hide....

When I asked to View Video Envelopes, all were ticked. I unticked the Composite choice and then re-ticked it _then_ it appeared.

I can see how to adjust the entire event's opacity, but I need to adjust it over time, as it plays through.

I have watched a couple of videos and they say that you right click the track header and ask to insert an envelope, then choose Composite. This apparently should cause a purple line to appear at the top of the track's events, and that this can have points added to it, so that you can then do enveloping.

However when I tried it, even though I was able to locate and set the Composite Envelope switch, although the existing opacity line showed still, there is no purple line, and I cannot add locations along a line to alter opacity over the play time of the clip.

I have tried double-clicking and right-clicking the default opacity line.

If I read Vegas MS 16 help, it does not mention the ability to create opacity envelopes, that I can find.

Is there a way to do this in 16 MS?

Any help appreciated.

Nick
Head: Hertz Music
Movie Studio...version 12, 15, 16 Suite. Win 7 64 bit.

Return to posts index

Dimitrios Papadimitriou
Re: Setting event opacity with envelope SOLVED but weird
on Jul 23, 2019 at 10:17:53 am

Hey there. The last version of MS I used was 10 had composite envelopes so I'm sure 16 does as well. To insert a composite envelope right click on the track you want it on, I disable headers but it should work on the track on the main body of the media. From here you will have a line going down the center of the track, you can create points and adjust them up or down, with 2 points you can create a gradual opacity reduction.

Return to posts index

Nick White
Re: Setting event opacity with envelope SOLVED but weird
on Jul 23, 2019 at 10:40:33 am

Yeah, but the weird thing is that although the View/Video Envelopes were all ticked, the envelope did not show until I un-ticked and re-ticked it. Shrug....

Anyway, thanks.

Nick
Head: Hertz Music
Movie Studio...version 12, 15, 16 Suite. Win 7 64 bit.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]