MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Opening v12 projects in V14 gives only green screen for all clips.

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick White
Opening v12 projects in V14 gives only green screen for all clips.
on Jul 20, 2019 at 6:56:48 am
Last Edited By Nick White on Jul 20, 2019 at 7:05:06 am

I have just reinstalled V14 and have tried to open V12 projects. All the video clips are now green screen. This indicates to me that the source video is missing. Butif I have been asked to search for the source, I have opted to do so, and in the Project Media, the source files' thumbs are there. However if I insert from the Project Meedia to a new video track, only the thumb shows and the rest of the track is green.

If I try to reinsert the source to the Project Media, nothing happens because it is already "there", I assume. Of course if I try to _delete_ the source that is not working, I lose all my edits that use it as a source.

When I check the source Properties, it shows the correct location for the actual file.

Going back to V12 and opening the project makes everything fine.

Help?

Nick
Head: Hertz Music
Seems our entire history has been dominated by finding better ways to throw things at each other.

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
Re: Opening v12 projects in V14 gives only green screen for all clips.
on Jul 20, 2019 at 9:32:11 am

Green is an indication that a file is corrupted somewhat. But for it to be opening fine in Vegas 12 is telling
something else. Maybe its a situation by not having Vegas 14 as the default opener for .veg files, but the problem
is if that is done you wont be able to open them back up in Vegas 12.

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Nick White
on Jul 20, 2019 at 10:47:34 am

Thanks for the reply. I like your logical approach and thank you for that. It grounds me a bit.

Yeah as you say the file seems OK in V12. (BTW I have Movie Studio, so no veg files, but yeah the stuff you say holds for vf)

NOW....here's the thing....If I open the same project in MS V15....they work great.

Maybe I am re-discovering why I rejected 14 and up and stayed with 12?....then bought 15 anyway...(sad.)

Was V14 one of those versions that most software has? I know my music software Cakewalk had a couple...windows has had a couple!

Anyway, since I am a weird upgrade junky and have VMS V15, I might skip V14 and we will await my next woe....:(

Nick
Head: Hertz Music
Seems our entire history has been dominated by finding better ways to throw things at each other.

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Jul 20, 2019 at 12:09:28 pm

ok, i here you....Tell you what, wait on Vegas Pro 17, it is coming out next month.
I am personally awaiting this new release myself, because it is gonna come with a few new useful features
along with a bit better integration overall.

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]