MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Prevent windows docking

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick White
Prevent windows docking
on Jul 18, 2019 at 12:40:29 pm

IIRC there was the ability in Options/Preferences/Display to prevent windows from docking. In MS 12, I see no such choice. The trouble is, the windows dock on the main screen and with each other that for me it's a right pain.

So is there a way to stop all windows from docking, or each window from docking?

Thanks for any help.

Nick
Head: Hertz Music
Seems our entire history has been dominated by finding better ways to throw things at each other.

Return to posts index

Jorma Nippala
Re: Prevent windows docking
on Jul 18, 2019 at 1:09:36 pm

To prevent a window from docking when you drag it, hold the Ctrl key.

Return to posts index

Nick White
on Jul 18, 2019 at 8:26:59 pm

Thanks for that. It certainly works. But if I am manipulating windows a lot, to Video Preview changes I made in another window, like Text Generation, and also need to see the Event Pan Zoom, then having to remember to use Ctrl every time seems a bit clumsy.

I wish there was a switch or at least that non-docking was the default and I had to press Ctrl a_to_ dock.

Anyway. Again thanks for the info.

Nick
Seems our entire history has been dominated by finding better ways to throw things at each other.

Return to posts index

Jorma Nippala
on Jul 18, 2019 at 10:07:49 pm

Note that in later versions (MSP 13 >) there is in Preferences/Display the option: "Allow floating windows to dock (hold Ctrl to override)". You can leave the option unchecked.

Return to posts index

Nick White
on Jul 18, 2019 at 11:14:03 pm

AH... OK! I had 14 and that's probably where I remember it from. IIRC 14 or 13 were where I started seeing aggressive ads and such, so I dropped it. Maybe I need to reinstall.

Nick

Return to posts index

Nick White
on Jul 19, 2019 at 10:44:10 pm

Hah! Thanks for the heads-up. Not only does it stop windows docking all the time, but it also will dock them using Ctrl, which is exactly what I wanted.

Nick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]