MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Generated Text colour animation?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick White
Generated Text colour animation?
on Jul 17, 2019 at 9:22:19 pm

I want to gradually change the colour of some generated text ov the duration of the clip.

In the Video Media Generator, I can set text colour, and I can see the little clock that shows animation over time. I use that, starting out, say, red, then going to the end of the animation timeline and asking for yellow. This will produce a gradual change of colour with time.

The problem is that, if I stretch the Text clip past its normal 5 seconds, the text will "start again" and revert to its initial colour, going through the colour change cycle over and over. I can only animate text over the 5-second original length of time.

The Pan and Zoom effect seems to immediately pick up on the extended length and allows me to pan over the entire extended clip.

How do I get the Generated Text animation(s) to include the entire stretched clip?

Thanks for any help.

Nick
Head: Hertz Music
Seems our entire history has been dominated by finding better ways to throw things at each other.

Return to posts index

George Dean
Re: Generated Text colour animation?
on Jul 17, 2019 at 11:14:29 pm

Hi Nick,

My assumption is you have some text such as 'This is My Text Sample'. It starts off in white, and over a ten second time about midway it turns to blue.

If that is what you want, this is how I would do it, fast and easy.

Place an empty video tracks above your video clip/event in the timeline. You will have the top track (#1) empty and the track below (#2) with your video clip/event.

On track #1 place your generated title text and stretch it out to about 6 seconds. Change the text to what ever you like, such as the example above 'This is My Text Sample'. Then Copy and paste this to track #1 somewhere past where the original title/text appears that you copied from. Now change the color of the copied text/title (properties) to blue. Then grab the copied text/title (that is now blue) and slide it left until it overlaps the original and ends at the 10 second mark. The text/titles will now overlap by 2 seconds and they will start white for about 3 seconds, fade (dissolve) from white to blue for about 2 seconds, and then run another 3 seconds as blue.

If your text is actually animated to change size and/or position, then this is possible as well, just gets a bit more complex using this method. By the way, this is using the Legacy Title/Text media generator. I'm sure there are other media generators that may allow you to accomplish within their own settings, maybe something like Protype Titler or some after market add-on.

Best Regards......George

Return to posts index

Nick White
on Jul 18, 2019 at 1:15:03 am

Thank you George. You are correct about what I require.

I am just using the standard Vegas Text Generator. ...sorry...BTW I use Movie Studio....sorry.

However, your instructions sound as if they would apply anyway. Just clip manipulation.

But why so complex? How come the text generator does not respond to a stretched clip? If I open up the Pan and Zoom, it already shows a stretched 5 second clip as a 10-second clip and behaves correctly. The Text Generator does not.

Nick
Seems our entire history has been dominated by finding better ways to throw things at each other.

Return to posts index

Doug Jackson
on Jul 18, 2019 at 1:37:15 am

Hi Nick,

If you just 'stretched' your Text event to a new length, it is probably 'looping' - there will be little notches showing in the text event.

You need to lengthen the text event by editing the duration to match the amount you stretched it.

Then you will likely need to move your keyframes in your color animation.

Regards,
--Doug

Dell Precision T5500
2x Intel Xeon DP E5620 @ 2400MHz; Memory: 22528MB; Chipset:Intel 5520;
Video Card : AMD R9 290x
HDD: Crucial_SSD1 (256GB);WD(1000GB);WD(2000GB)

Return to posts index

Nick White
on Jul 18, 2019 at 2:28:29 am

Thanks for chipping in.

Yeah that's what I have discovered...it's just that the Pan and Zoom FX window does NOT loop: it seems to see the new clip length as one. That was what caught me out, the different behaviour between the two.

Nick

Return to posts index

Nick White
on Jul 18, 2019 at 1:23:02 am

HAH! I was working on it when I read your post.

As I went back to it, I saw a little entry box in the Text Generator that is "Duration". Changing that to 10 sec fixed the whole problem. So it is not quite right, but fixable.

If it was a standard thing between FX and Text Generation that they either recognised or did not, the stretching of the clip, I would (may ☹) not have been caught out. Never really tried animating text from within Text Generator, not by via FX (Pan and Crop.)

Nick

Return to posts index

Edward Troxel
on Jul 18, 2019 at 12:37:14 pm

You could also just hold down the CTRL key when making it longer. That will "stretch" the title to the longer length (i.e. "slow it down".)

Edward Troxel

Return to posts index

Nick White
on Jul 18, 2019 at 12:50:40 pm

Aaah! Just tried it. That's the money spot! ☺ Thank you.

Nick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]