MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Image crop doesn't match preview or render

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Johnson
Image crop doesn't match preview or render
on Jul 15, 2019 at 4:16:33 pm

I am using Sony Vegas Pro 13 to edit GoPro footage, and as part of a transition, I'm trying to crop a fish using the event pan/crop tool, but the image in the event pan/crop tool doesn't match up to the image in the preview window or the render. The media dimensions, project settings dimensions and render dimensions are all the same, and I haven't made any adjustments using the event pan/crop other than the masking. I also haven't applied any media fx, other than some minor colour correction, and I haven't used any stabilisation.

If anyone could help, I would be extremely grateful, as it's been driving me crazy. See the image as an example - in the event pan/crop window the fin (circled in red) extends out of the frame, but in the preview it's fully within the frame

Return to posts index

Marco Baer
Re: Image crop doesn't match preview or render
on Jul 15, 2019 at 6:33:02 pm

Your Pan/Crop window and your preview window show different frames of the video.

Return to posts index

Daniel Johnson
on Jul 15, 2019 at 7:17:53 pm

It shouldn't be - he 'sync cursor' option is selected, and adjustments I make to a keyframe show up on the preview, even though there is a keyframe for every frame. So if it is showing the wrong frame, I have no idea how to fix it.

Return to posts index

Marco Baer
on Jul 16, 2019 at 8:48:26 am

Take a look at the small fishes. They are totally different.

Return to posts index

Daniel Johnson
on Jul 16, 2019 at 11:06:32 am

That's because I'm masking out the large fish, i.e. I'm making it appear in front of a different background. The small fishes are from an entirely different clip, which I'm transitioning into. So that therefore appears in the preview window, but not the event pan/crop window, which only shows the single clip

Return to posts index

Marco Baer
on Jul 16, 2019 at 1:35:17 pm

O.k., I see. Another cause for your finding could be different frame sizes between your source clip and your project. Do these size match?

Return to posts index

Marco Baer
on Jul 16, 2019 at 1:36:15 pm

Sorry, of course you already mentioned this in your first post – it does match.

Return to posts index

Daniel Johnson
on Jul 17, 2019 at 7:28:36 am

Yea I did at first think it might be that, but I made sure and they were in fact the same. Strangely enough, after restarting my laptop, the problem resolved itself, which is very strange, but a relief. Perhaps I had accidentally selected some strange view, which was then unselected when I restarted. However, I think I'd restarted before and it didn't work, so I'm not sure.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]