MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

How to correct jittery motion on rendered animation?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Leibson
How to correct jittery motion on rendered animation?
on Jul 15, 2019 at 2:49:39 pm

In the following clip -- https://ln.sync.com/dl/a996748d0/m76si3hq-mwdfs32u-7by4quhq-abe8s3ag -- I used animated track motion to both zoom out and re-position a series of stills of musical notation.

No trouble doing it -- and it looks fine in Vegas' video preview -- but, when rendered, the lines of the musical staff invariably display serious jitter during the zoom. I've rendered both to "Main Concept AVC/AAC", Internet HD 1080p, .mp4, and "Main Concept MPEG-2, .m2t.

Any tips as to how to rectify this?

Many thanks, in advance, for any help you can share on this!

Return to posts index

Francois Pénzes
Re: How to correct jittery motion on rendered animation?
on Jul 18, 2019 at 11:41:38 am

Hi Michael

You're talking about that single jump mind way as if some frames were missing ?

Is there any way for you to upload the .veg file and the image files so we can take a better look at it?

Cheers !

PC Win 10 Pro 64-bit 16gb Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz
Cameras: Canon XF305 + Canon XH-A1
Blackmagic HyperDeck Studio Mini
Vegas Pro 16, User since Vegas 3.0

''When the cutting stops, the editing begins...''

Return to posts index

Michael Leibson
on Jul 19, 2019 at 5:27:38 pm

Hi, Francois! I'm sorry, but I hadn't realized that you had replied -- thank-you!

>You're talking about that single jump mind way as if some frames were missing ?

Hmm. . . No, when I view it, the lines of the musical staff continually 'jitter', as the staff moves down.

>Is there any way for you to upload the .veg file and the image files so we can take a better look at it?

I've just uploaded a .veg file that contains only this problem -- the file contains the three images used in the animation. Here's the download link that Creative Cow created for it: 13552_staffjitter.veg.zip

As I posted -- prior to finding your reply -- I eventually gave up trying to find a solution, and went with a different approach. However, it would be good to know what the problem is, and whether there are any solutions, if you (or anyone) know of any.

Thanks again, Francois!

Return to posts index

Michael Leibson
on Jul 19, 2019 at 5:02:57 pm

(After several days of silence) I abandoned the attempt, and went with a different approach.

Return to posts index

Nick White
on Jul 19, 2019 at 11:53:28 pm

I played your mp4 and except for one little jump at about 3 seconds just when "Bb minor: i" shows on screen, the zoom is smooth as on VLC media player, and also Media Player Classic. I don't have Pro so I can't use the veg file.

Nick
Head: Hertz Music
Seems our entire history has been dominated by finding better ways to throw things at each other.

Return to posts index

Michael Leibson
on Jul 20, 2019 at 1:03:40 am

>I played your mp4 and except for one little jump at about 3 seconds just when "Bb minor: i" shows on screen, the zoom is smooth as on VLC media player, and also Media Player Classic.

Thanks, Nick!

I think I just found what has been wrong:

all this time, I've been having it play at 1/4 its size (to approximate how it will appear as a Facebook post), and -- now I see! -- that it actually does NOT have much jitter when played at original size!

Thank-you for letting me know that it worked fine for you!

Return to posts index

Nick White
on Jul 20, 2019 at 6:35:28 am

Well having heard (and seen) that, I actually rendered the video at about 1/4 size of your posted one and it looked nice and smooth. I think the jitter is caused by the renderer trying to match the larger movements with the smaller screen: your particualr video gives it a tough, with nowhere to "hide" the effect.

Hope that helps. If you already thought of that then OK :)

Nick
Seems our entire history has been dominated by finding better ways to throw things at each other.

Return to posts index

Nick White
on Jul 20, 2019 at 10:46:07 am

BTW, I have seen several suggestions that you should render in Vegas at the highest level you can afford (AVI non-compressed will use GB/min of disc space) and then render using another programme. It would appear that each software either uses its own version of a CODEC, or somebody else's CODEC and while they should be the same, they are not.

Based on advice to me through my struggles, and the result of my trialling that advice, Handbrake seems to be simplest, quickest way to render using what it has available (IIRC MP4 and H264/ H265 codecs...but then they may both be xxx26X in different suitcases....bah) of getting the best quality out of a given data rate and frame size. So render in Vegas with the best quality you can find that will not fill your HDD, then re-render in Handbrake to a file size/data rate and see if it helps.\

Again, you may need to flatten the output from whatever you take from your animation programme.

Nick

Return to posts index

Michael Leibson
on Jul 20, 2019 at 12:21:45 pm

. . .render in Vegas at the highest level you can afford . . . and then render using another programme.

Thank-you, Nick!

Return to posts index

Michael Leibson
on Jul 20, 2019 at 12:15:11 pm

I actually rendered the video at about 1/4 size of your posted one and it looked nice and smooth. I think the jitter is caused by the renderer trying to match the larger movements with the smaller screen

I really appreciate this, Nick -- thank-you!

Although I left this technique out of this particular file, your observations and solution will come in handy in future projects!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]