MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Transistions in Sony Vegas - 5 years, Never learned

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Derek Charles
Transistions in Sony Vegas - 5 years, Never learned
on Jul 10, 2019 at 7:28:00 am

I am severely lacking in my transistion use.
I end every clip with either a simple fade into the next or an abrupt start.
I see plugins are available to do things that Vegas cant.
What should I be using? both freeware or not...
I'm not sure I want to get into all of the masking/keyframing...
I'd like to save time if there were a plugin that I could just drop in

Return to posts index

George Dean
Re: Transistions in Sony Vegas - 5 years, Never learned
on Jul 10, 2019 at 1:04:22 pm

Hi Derek,

You are already using the best, dissolve, fade, and jump. There are a bunch of transitions included with Vegas in the Transition tab. Just pick one drag and drop, done.

Best Regards......George

Return to posts index

Derek Charles
Re: Transitions in Sony Vegas - 5 years, Never learned
on Jul 16, 2019 at 3:21:26 am

Hi George thanks for your reply - I'd forgot to mention that I'm aware of the Sony transition tab with presets. I'm wanting something other than those. The Vegas transitions are all bland...? I've seen people advertising their transition packs of presets - that just look... crazy looking shakes, swoops, like they automatically masked and key framed up something crazy for me.

Return to posts index

George Dean
Re: Transitions in Sony Vegas - 5 years, Never learned
on Jul 16, 2019 at 1:31:12 pm

Hi Derek, perhaps you should pick a collection of transitions you have seen that you like and try them out. It's not likely that any members have a crystal ball to know what you want without you providing a better description of what it is you have in mind. On the other hand, perhaps a member can recommend something crazy looking with shakes and swoops!

Sounds like you are putting the cart before the horse, so to speak. Your video/film should have a story to tell and the transitions should compliment that story. Perhaps describe what your video story is and others may then have a better idea what you want.

Best Regards......George

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]