MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

VEGAS pro 16 over 16 hours to render only a 1080P movie?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jackie Luffy
VEGAS pro 16 over 16 hours to render only a 1080P movie?
on Jun 19, 2019 at 12:44:40 am

Hey guys! I seem to be having a problem with extremely long render times, I have a i9 processor, 32 gigs of ram, and a 1060 gtx nvidia graphics card which is plenty to chew through 4K so 1080P should be peanuts yet this 1 hour and 50 minute 1080P only film I have rendering out is going painfully slow, its only got to about 3% in an hour and says that the ETA is over 18 hours!? There is no way this can be right does anyone have any recommendations as to whats going on? Its as if Vegas isn't taking advantage of my hardware or something

Also I figured I'd mention that I have all my project files on a lightning fast m.2 ssd drive and its saying it will take this long, thanks for the help in advance :)

Return to posts index

Jackie Luffy
Re: VEGAS pro 16 over 16 hours to render only a 1080P movie?
on Jun 19, 2019 at 12:53:35 am

WOW for anyone who has the same problem you need to switch the encoder from Mainconcept to NV encoder and the DIFFERENCE IS NIGHT AND DAY it went from like 20 hours to literally under an hour now this will be done rendering, crazy

Return to posts index

Michael Hoogasian
on Jun 19, 2019 at 3:07:32 pm

[Jackie Luffy] "WOW for anyone who has the same problem you need to switch the encoder from Mainconcept to NV encoder and the DIFFERENCE IS NIGHT AND DAY it went from like 20 hours to literally under an hour now this will be done rendering, crazy"

Keep in mind that rendering using the GPU may not produce the same quality as rendering with the CPU, due to, for example, half-precision floating point vs. full precision.

Return to posts index

Jackie Luffy
on Jun 21, 2019 at 4:56:43 pm

I have thought of that there must be some sort of catch but after viewing and watching large sections of the two 1H and 50 minute films It looks like its absolutely perfect 1080P quality all through, what in particular would I have to watch out for? It seems the frame rate, the quality and sound are all flawless

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]