MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Vegas DVD Architect

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Prisby
Vegas DVD Architect
on Jun 9, 2019 at 11:51:51 am

I have DVD Architect Pro 6 that came with Sony Vegas Pro 13. Does Vegas DVD Architect that now comes with Magix Vegas Pro 16 have any upgrades beyond DA Pro 6? Is it worth paying extra to get it?

Thanks,
Jim

Sony Vegas Pro 13 / DVD Architect Pro
Boris Continuum Complete 9.0
Intel 2.67GHz Core2 Quad CPU.
8 GB RAM
NVIDIA GForce GTX 570 superclocked
Windows 10 64bit

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Vegas DVD Architect
on Jun 9, 2019 at 4:04:15 pm

[Jim Prisby] "Is it worth paying extra to get it? "
Hi Jim! What a good question. I doubt anybody here could answer. Try MAGIX marketing or sales team ?

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX60HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Jim Prisby
on Jun 10, 2019 at 1:09:41 pm

This forum would naturally be the BEST place to inquire about whether someone would have acquired both versions of DA and could tell me the difference, if any. Magix marketing would likely over promote their explanation and not necessarily offer a real use narrative.

8 GB RAM
Windows 10 64bit

Return to posts index

Bruce Brent
on Jun 9, 2019 at 5:23:14 pm

Jim, after doing a search for comparison or FAQ's, I do not see any info on what makes 7 better than 6. That's gotta tell you something. Meaning: no significant upgrade other than maybe more templates. Stick with what works for you. Some people just like paying for an upgrade thinking they're getting more or for bragging rights, but at this point, if there's no info to create a demand for version 7, why bother.

Return to posts index

Eric Clinch
on Jun 11, 2019 at 12:15:36 am

Jim, you could download the trial to find out for yourself - https://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/dvd-architect/

Should you decide to purchase shop around as you may find it cheaper to purchase Vegas Movie Studio Platinum which comes with DVDA7 than to purchase DVDA7 on its own! Magix dropped DVDA Studio version so what you get now with VMS is the one and only pro version.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Jun 11, 2019 at 3:56:02 am

[Eric Clinch] "Jim, you could download the trial to find out for yourself "
Eric that’s precise and effective advice. And as I said prior to your suggestion nobody here will say as per Jim’s request "Is it worth paying extra to get it? ". It’s a pity there’s no comparison chart I was hoping that MAGIX would have supplied such DATA and here that would or could’ve been their Marketing Division. I note your comments concerning asking them.

Using s/w is a very personal experience. Regarding the upgrades what’s “worthwhile” for one person is immaterial or irrelevant to another. It’s only going to be the Editor that could tell. My experience? I’ve used DVDA from its earliest incarnations there have been valuable updates/upgrades but mostly up to DVDA5 or 6. My experience of DVDA is that it remains a solid and capable product that I enjoy working with. I have simple needs. And again, it’s only going to be you, Jim, who could possibly tell if its worthwhile from its previous incarnation compared to the subsequent upgrade/update. Bruce - thank you - had done some research for you, Jim, but wasn’t able to locate a comparison chart, which is a pity.

So, Jim, coming here to the COW to ask the original good question, can’t be answered other than Eric’s excellent suggestion to try it yourself and then my further suggestion is you could then compare it to previous versions yourself.

I do hope we've assisted you in making your decision?

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX60HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Jim Prisby
on Jun 11, 2019 at 1:14:42 pm

Thanks to all for your responses. Again, I'm simply looking for information regarding any and all differences there might be between DA 6 and DA 7 that some members might have already discovered. That way I can determine if it's worth my paying extra for it. I'm going to upgrade to Sony vegas Pro 16 and the pro version includes DA 7 for $50 dollars more. Yes, it also includes Vitascene V3 LE. So, Grazie, the question can be answered if any member has used both versions. I appreciated Bruce's search on the forum but I had already done that and Eric's sugestion to download a trial version, but I was hoping to find a quick answer from a member's experience since the Vegas upgrade sale ends in 2 days. I have also been using DA since version 5 so I am very familiar with it. My only beef with it is that it doesn't offer the capability to add a stroke to the text, something I've requested from Sony and Magix several times. I'm surprised and disappointed no member can relate the difference between DA 6 and DA7. I guess I'm just venting a bit because I also have another post asking for info about choosing between an AMD Ryzen and an Intel CPU for my next PC build for Sony Vegas 16. No one has responded so far, seems like it would be a very hot topic for discussion. I've also searched the forum for previous posts but found none discussing the latest Ryzen CPUs covering the past year.

8 GB RAM
Windows 10 64bit

Return to posts index

Bruce Brent
on Jun 11, 2019 at 1:28:31 pm

Jim, I do have both (6 & 7) versions. The interface on both are the same. There are a couple more themes, a few more buttons and one more background. There might be an upgrade to the rendering engine, but if it was significant, I would have thought Magix would have been proud of its accomplishment and published that fact. So, if you have version 6 stay with it.

Return to posts index

Jim Prisby
on Jun 11, 2019 at 2:15:10 pm

Thank you so much, Bruce, just the type of response I was hoping to get. I will skip the upgrade.

8 GB RAM
Windows 10 64bit

Return to posts index

john lenihan
on Aug 21, 2019 at 12:12:43 am

I am looking in particular for a way for DVD A to offer the creation of 4K Bluray disks.

I have seen no indication that it can. Does anyone know the answer to that question.

John

John Lenihan

LeniCam Video Productions
http://www.lenicamvideoproductions.com

Return to posts index

John Norton
on Aug 21, 2019 at 11:52:51 am

Hi John Lenihan, see this thread .. https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/24/1019628

Return to posts index

john lenihan
on Aug 21, 2019 at 2:21:34 pm

Thank you. That was in 2017.

I can find other 4K authoring software on the web today.
https://www.dvdfab.cn/uhd-creator.htm

John

John Lenihan

LeniCam Video Productions
http://www.lenicamvideoproductions.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]