MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

preview on hd television wrong size

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Harijono Roebana
preview on hd television wrong size
on May 22, 2019 at 7:51:26 pm

never had this problem before:
when I extend the desktop of my laptop to a hd television, then the PREVIEW ON EXTERNAL MONITOR in Vegas pro 16 fills the entire screen with a only a quarter of the video image.
Whatever settings I change, nothing helps.

The problem is specific to Vegas. VLC has no problem with the extended desktop, sizing the full screen on the second desktop correctly.
And when I duplicate the screens, there is no problem in Vegas with the preview device.

What goes wrong?

Return to posts index

George Dean
Re: preview on hd television wrong size
on May 22, 2019 at 8:18:21 pm

Harijono,

Can you post a screenshot of your 'Proferences' > 'Preview Device' set to the second monitor? Also can you post a photo or screenshot of what your TV looks like when displaying the wrong size?

Best Regards......George

Return to posts index

Harijono Roebana
on May 25, 2019 at 11:21:03 pm

Hi George,

only a quarter image of the hd file is shown on the Sony hd monitor.
When I turn off 'scale output to fit monitor' it only occupies a quarter of the monitor.

here are the screenshots:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9njl2n09gthnozu/screenshots.zip?dl=1

Return to posts index

Harijono Roebana
on Jun 4, 2019 at 8:25:33 pm

The problem persists. According to the Magix helpdesk it is caused by a driver conflict for the internal Intel UHD 630 and the Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti with max design; both part of the Dell XPS 15 9570 laptop.

Dell affirms that the Magix helpdesk could be right. But their attempts to help did not solve the problem.
The proposed solution: deinstalling the graphic drivers with DDU and then reinstalling them.
Does not work.
Anybody with a better solution?
Is there anybody out here running Vegas Pro 16 on a Dell XPS 15 laptop? Did you encounter the same problem and if so, how did you overcome the problem?

Return to posts index

Luigi Perrotta
on Jul 17, 2019 at 5:57:51 pm

Hi,
For years I've been using a 32" Samsung television to edit in Vegas, all worked fine.
Last week I decided to buy a new television to edit. COSTCO had a Vizio 40" HD television at a good price, so I got one.

I took the television home hooked it up the same way, with the same high speed HDM Cable, the television works fine. when in Vegas 16 preferences I choose the television's speakers to play the sound.

To the computer I have audio monitor speakers connected to with a Presonus audio interface. As soon in properties> Audio Device I choose Presonus interface, the Vizio TV turns itself on and off in cycles of about 30 seconds. I called VIZIO support they couldn't help.

Thinking I had a bad TV I brought it back to Costco and got a new one. Same problem persist.

Does anyone know what's causing this?

When I connect the older Samsung TV back with the same cable it weorks fine!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]