MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

hide ".mp4" or more from Active Take Information

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christine Neuvil
hide ".mp4" or more from Active Take Information
on May 21, 2019 at 6:07:31 pm

I'm learning dance from videos, where each move has its own video/file, and each video contains nothing but a single performance of the move. The filenames are "[dance genre] - [move name].mp4". I want to see the move names displayed on the timeline. (Better still if I could also automatically get them as an overlay - can I?) I can create Regions = the length of the video and name them, but there are roughly 1000 videos. Can I get the Active Take Information to not display the extension ".mp4"? Can I get it to not display the first 6 characters, or to display characters starting the 2nd character after the dash? I imagine these would be universal program settings, so in the future when I'm working on a regular video editing project, I understand I would need to change these settings.
Thanks

------------
using: Vegas Pro 15, on Windows 10.

Return to posts index

George Dean
Re: hide ".mp4" or more from Active Take Information
on May 21, 2019 at 6:39:31 pm

Hi Christine,

I think for something like this you would need a script. Perhaps something like Vegasaur would have an option for that. Or use a file naming app in Windows to batch change the original source media before bringing it into Vegas, but you would not be able to remove the extension name with this method.

Best Regards......George

Return to posts index

Marco Baer
Re: hide ".mp4" or more from Active Take Information
on May 21, 2019 at 10:11:51 pm

Yes, the Text Generation Wizzard of Vegasaur can automatically create text event overlays for selected events which uses the active take information or media name for the text. It would not display the file extension (.mp4), but you can't skip other characters.
In your case this Text Generation Wizzard would create overlays with the name "[dance genre] - [move name]".

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]