MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

H265 render settings

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Eki
H265 render settings
on May 15, 2019 at 5:52:51 am

Hi im trying new codecs out for my gaming. Ive decided to try h.265 in vegas pro 16. i have everything downloaded but some things are still out of alignment with the audio. I render my videos in avi jus because i seem to like it better. Here are my render settings.

any help is appriciated

Return to posts index

Francois Pénzes
Re: H265 render settings
on May 15, 2019 at 12:07:41 pm

Hi Sam

Run Mediainfo on your original file (not the rendered one) and post in Text view mode. We'll take a look at it. https://sourceforge.net/projects/mediainfo/

Cheers !

PC Win 10 Pro 64-bit 16gb Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz
Cameras: Canon XF305 + Canon XH-A1
Blackmagic HyperDeck Studio Mini
Vegas Pro 16, User since Vegas 3.0

''When the cutting stops, the editing begins...''

Return to posts index

Sam Eki
on May 15, 2019 at 3:56:41 pm

I just need render settings.

Return to posts index

George Dean
on May 15, 2019 at 4:14:43 pm

Hi Sam,

Between your two running threads it appears you have a resistance towards posting your source media specs, as Francois has requested. He is trying to help you.

Best Regards......George

Return to posts index

Sam Eki
on May 15, 2019 at 5:38:43 pm

well idk how to thats the problem im new

Return to posts index

Francois Pénzes
on May 15, 2019 at 7:50:32 pm

Hi Sam

This is just a guess on my part since I don't have all the pertinent info.

First off, you are using a third party software unrelated to Vegas. (as per your screen shot) Unless something has changed very recently, Vegas can't ''see'' H265 files. You have to convert them to a format that Vegas will recognize. Ideally, a lossless one in order to retain as much as possible your original quality. Mind you, there is no such thing as a totally lossless file when rendering. Some rendered formats will create huge files and others giganormous ones.

Handbrake an Ffmpeg will accept H265 and from there you can render it to your favored Vegas format.

Cheers !

PC Win 10 Pro 64-bit 16gb Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz
Cameras: Canon XF305 + Canon XH-A1
Blackmagic HyperDeck Studio Mini
Vegas Pro 16, User since Vegas 3.0

''When the cutting stops, the editing begins...''

Return to posts index

George Dean
on May 15, 2019 at 11:52:43 pm

Sam, if you are using the h.265 as your capture format, a better idea would be to capture it in h.264 constant frame rate. If you want more quality than the default, then you may want to increase the capture bit rate.

h.265 (x265) is great for a delivery format as it is high quality and compact size. But that doesn't make it good for source media. If you have a Nvidia GPU with HEVC support you can process the h.265 in Vegas. If not, you are making it more difficult for yourself.

Download the free app Mediainfo here: https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

Install the program. Run the program. Go to the 'View' tab. Select 'Text' view. Fo to the 'File' tab, and load your source media file. Post a screenshot of the report here. As you can see it provides a lot of information about your source media file including the audio.

Best Regards......George

Return to posts index

Sam Eki
on May 16, 2019 at 6:05:57 pm

I did some research and apparently vegas has Intel HEVC.mov render template but i dont see it anywhere in my templates. Anyone have an idea so i can fix this? btw i have an i3 but run windows 10 64 bit

Return to posts index

George Dean
on May 16, 2019 at 6:26:05 pm

See your other thread.....

Best Regards......George

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]