MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Number of Backups limited in Vegas 15?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Maier
Number of Backups limited in Vegas 15?
on Apr 25, 2019 at 3:45:47 pm

Is Vegas limited to just one backup file at a time? I'm facing a bad situation where the .bak is corrupt like the .veg. Would make sense to have maybe 10 backups with an adjustable duration between backups.

Return to posts index

Geoff Candy
Re: Number of Backups limited in Vegas 15?
on Apr 25, 2019 at 6:37:08 pm

Maybe just increment your saved veg file 'myproject1.veg', myproject2.veg etc.

Return to posts index

Robert Maier
on Apr 25, 2019 at 8:43:40 pm

Sure, that will work, but it's totally out of place in a professional application. This issue may be the dumbest Vegas decision ever. Looks like Ed Troxel's suggestion with Excalibur's auto-save is an ideal solution, and why it wasn't built into Vegas attests to software developers' terrible understanding of the real-world operation of their product. Leaves me dumbfounded. Though I think I remember that earlier versions of Vegas had adjustable auto-backup. I started with version 6. Maybe that's why I'm shocked it's gone. Or maybe it was another editing program, Premier?

Return to posts index

Edward Troxel
on Apr 25, 2019 at 7:32:26 pm

You might try installing Excalibur which also installs the free "Auto Save" plugin. Then you can use that plugin to save as many backups as you want in whatever folder you specify.

http://www.jetdv.com/excalibur/new6.php

Edward Troxel

Return to posts index

Robert Maier
on Apr 25, 2019 at 8:55:00 pm

Thank-you. This was an easy install, and it seems to be working perfectly. Why oh why doesn't Vegas have this auto backup customization feature? I did have a 4 day old backup on a separate drive, so am using that. EXCEPT I've lost the last 400 or so edits about 12 hrs of editing, because the puny Vegas autosave is limited to the one that happened ten minutes ago. My project evidently had been corrupted just before the last save, so it was no good. For this reason Vegas' autosave is pretty worthless, and a bad reflection on Magix. I've been using it since 6, and it showed so much promise. IF I trusted Magix to fix things like this I'd gladly do the annual paid upgrade. But this whole thing started when suddenly my project unintentionally went into expanded view mode, and would never leave it. Then the project became unstable. Really disappointed, but the core philosophy of Vegas is by far the best in the industry, its just the little things like poor autosave that drive me CRAZY!!!

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Apr 25, 2019 at 9:15:45 pm

Edward’s AutoSave has saved my rear-end many many times. Thanks Edward !

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX60HS Bridge

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]