MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Burning to DVD Architect proper settings

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Holt
Burning to DVD Architect proper settings
on Apr 17, 2019 at 12:44:42 pm

I have not burned a DVD for a long time but I made a video and a person wants a bunch of DVDs made. I try telling them that they won't be in HD but they don't care.

Well, everything I do at this point is either filmed in 720 60p or 1080 60p. When I take the video into Vegas Pro 16 what should I set my properties too? Then when I render? I am out of the loop for DVD for sure. Anyone care to help me out? Thanks so much.

Return to posts index

Scott Holt
Re: Burning to DVD Architect proper settings
on Apr 17, 2019 at 12:48:18 pm

Field order mainly.

Return to posts index

Stewart Bourke
on Apr 17, 2019 at 4:07:06 pm

Vegas includes DVD-Architect-friendly templates in the MPEG-2 section as standard If you use one of them and leave everything but the bit-rate as is (adjust the BR to suit the size of the rendered file v quality) DVDA will ingest those files and use them as-is. It will create the DVD without the need to re-encode - which will impact quality and take much, much longer.

Also, remember to create a separate AC3 audio render in the same directory as your MPG file, with the same name and DVD will ingest the audio automatically once you drag in the mpg file.

Hope this helps.

STBO

Return to posts index

Scott Holt
on Apr 17, 2019 at 4:17:02 pm

My VP16 has no templates in the project properties for sd. At least not in mine.

Return to posts index

George Dean
on Apr 17, 2019 at 4:26:22 pm

Set 'Filters' to 'Off'

Then MainConcept MPEG-2 format will show a bunch of DVD templates.

Best Regards......George

Return to posts index

Scott Holt
on Apr 17, 2019 at 4:32:56 pm

Yes, I understand that. It is the property settings that has no SD settings to go by. Everything is HD.

Return to posts index

George Dean
on Apr 17, 2019 at 4:41:34 pm

Sorry Scott, I had my mind on rendering and took template straight past the beginning and went to the end.

Yes, you are correct, so use 'Match Media', and as mentioned above check to make sure Match Media has the correct field order 'Upper field first'.

Best Regards......George

Return to posts index

George Dean
on Apr 17, 2019 at 4:44:50 pm

Actually I meant to say match the field order with the source media.

Best Regards......George

Return to posts index

Scott Holt
on Apr 17, 2019 at 4:45:29 pm

So, if I use match media but my media is HD 720 60p or 1080 60p, how will that effect the render settings? Thanks.

Return to posts index

George Dean
on Apr 17, 2019 at 5:07:02 pm

Hi Scott,

I have had too many things going on this morning and probably should not even be replying because I haven't been very attentive. Re-reading your OP and your last post I realized your source is HD not SD.

It's been a while, but I would match media to the source, then select a DVD widescreen template and let Vegas to it's magic to conform your source to the DVD specs in the render template. However, if you don't get a better reply from other members here, I would make a very short test render and burn to test before I committed to a full project based on my suggestion. In other words, I'm not sure and would have to spend more time or make test myself before you blindly follow my feeble lead!!!

Best Regards......George

Return to posts index

Scott Holt
on Apr 17, 2019 at 5:08:52 pm

Thanks George. I appreciate the feedback.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]