MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

If my source video is progressive and I'm rendering to progressive is it necessary to set a deinterlace method? Or does the deinterlace method only kick in if it encounters interlaced footage while rendering?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony Greco
If my source video is progressive and I'm rendering to progressive is it necessary to set a deinterlace method? Or does the deinterlace method only kick in if it encounters interlaced footage while rendering?
on Mar 2, 2019 at 7:36:37 pm

So if the source is blend fields and i set the deinterlace method to interpolate fields will the final render still be blend because vegas didn't have to use it?

Also, If my source file is interlaced and I'm rendering to interlaced is it necessary to set a deinterlace method?

Return to posts index

George Dean
Re: If my source video is progressive and I'm rendering to progressive is it necessary to set a deinterlace method? Or does the deinterlace method only kick in if it encounters interlaced footage while rendering?
on Mar 2, 2019 at 9:01:18 pm

You have somewhat answered your own question. If you are using progressive source and rendering to progressive delivery set to disable resample, otherwise I would leave the defaults in the project settings as they automatically go when you match your source.

The exception to that is when you see results you do not like. This could be caused by fast moving subjects or fast panning. Set the quality in the Preview window to Good or Best, which will then display what you will get when rendering. Preview at the speed your system allows in Good or Best, then stop in the section you do not like, and advance frame at a time to determine if you have any ghosting or artifacts. If you do, change the settings in the Project setting (don't forget to Apply), and view that section again to determine if you have made an improvement, made it worse or no change. Try all the settings to pick the one you like the best.....hey sometimes, it's by trial and error and that is one of the better methods to use to determine for ourselves how to handle our source media.

Also, bring up the Projects window and click on the '?' to display the context help and read through the Video section, some good stuff there directly from the creator.

Best Regards......George

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]