MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

MP4 Main Concept Rendering Error New Computer

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Linda O'Connell
MP4 Main Concept Rendering Error New Computer
on Feb 13, 2019 at 12:48:22 pm

Hello, I recently bought a new computer.

When I try to render to any MP4 "Main Concept" I get an error message "An Error occurred when creating the media file sample.mp4. The reason could not be determined"

I can render MPG2, avi, MP4 under "Sony" etc.

I am using Vegas 11.

Two things:
Maybe my new graphics card? NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GTX 1070 with 8GB GDDR5 Graphics Memory
If I upgrade to Vegas 16 or whatever the current one is, will that fix it?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Ole Kristiansen
Re: MP4 Main Concept Rendering Error New Computer
on Feb 13, 2019 at 1:42:30 pm

Hi Linda !

Why buy a new computer without updating to the latest editing software ?

Vegas 11 came around September 2011 - at that time there were no graphics with Pascal architecture !

You can try this: Go to Options - Preferences - Video - Set GPU acceleration of video processing: Off

On Export set Encode mode: Render using CPU only !

Return to posts index

George Dean
on Feb 13, 2019 at 6:32:37 pm

Hi Linda,

After you have tried Ole's suggestion......

How much available space do you have on the drive you are rendering to? And have you tried another render to that drive after you received the error about the Mainconcept?

You were able to render to Mainconcept on your old computer, correct? This would appear there is a difference between the two computers that is causing the issue. I doubt the GPU is causing this issue, but stranger things have been caused by GPU's and if so, then Ole's suggestion should then produce some results.

What OS system are you running on this new system. It probably is 64 bit, so you did install the 64 bit version of Vegas Pro 11, correct? Actually I started with Vegas Pro 12, so I'm not familiar if version 11 offered 64 bit.

Are you rendering the other formats to the same drive as the Mainconcept? In other words, do you have write permissions for that drive folder?

Best Regards......George

Return to posts index

Linda O'Connell
on Feb 13, 2019 at 8:56:07 pm

My reasons for not updating previously..
I guess I didn't realize that my version was 8 years old..although I get notified by Magix about everyday...
I know something changed and I didn't want a learning curve... ☺

So I bit the bullet and upgraded...One of my goals was faster rendering time so hopefully I'll have so much free time I won't know what to do with myself.

The new version works just fine..no errors.

Thanks for the help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]