MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

How to delete a portion of an audio track in Movie Studio Platinum 13

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Williams
How to delete a portion of an audio track in Movie Studio Platinum 13
on Feb 12, 2019 at 12:55:52 am

I have a 5.1 surround HD video and need to delete the rear audio stereo track from the point that I split the entire section of video and audio. First, about half way through my video, I split everything - All tracks both video and audio. Now, I want to only delete the rear audio stereo track from the split point to the end of the video. How do you do this? If I only select the rear track and click "Delete", it deletes everything - both video and all audio tracks. Any help on this please?

Return to posts index

Stewart Bourke
Re: How to delete a portion of an audio track in Movie Studio Platinum 13
on Feb 12, 2019 at 8:14:27 am

Bill,

Your tracks may all be 'grouped'. When you first add an event that has both audio and video tracks all the tracks are automatically 'grouped' into a single group to ensure they stay together if you move them around the timeline, trim them etc. If you try to delete any track in the group the entire group will usually be deleted. If you highlight the track that you want to delete, then press the letter 'U' that track should be removed from the group. You should then be able to delete just that track.

Hope this helps

STBO

Return to posts index

Bill Williams
on Feb 12, 2019 at 10:03:04 pm

Stewart,

Thanks so much for you solution to my delete problem. As you can probably tell, I am just an amateur part-time user of this software. I always use Creative Cow when I have issues and I always get my answer quickly. I have a couple of questions for you. Right now I'm on Movie Studio Platinum 13 but for $49 it tells me I can upgrade to Magix Vegas Movie Studio 16. I'm ok doing that but will Creative Cow still help me with 13 and, is the Magix version a good version now that it's not part of SONY anymore?

Bill Williams.

Return to posts index

George Dean
on Feb 12, 2019 at 11:43:14 pm

Hi Bill, I'm sure Stewart will add his wisdom and thoughts, but I thought I would barge in with mine in the meantime.

You will always be able to get support here at the COW although when a new version comes out, if your question is specific to that new version getting answers will depend on how many users here have upgraded to that new version.

Magix is on it's 3rd upgrade to both Movie Studio and Vegas Pro, so I think they are settled in and making the best of a product that for so long Sony ignored. With that said, there are always some hiccups to a new release and I doubt Magix Vegas Movie Studio 16 will be any different. Hopefully the issues will be few and worked out quickly with follow-up updates (which Magix has been pretty good about).

The good thing is, if you install the just released version 16, your older version can remain for you to fall back on*. I don't use Movie Studio anymore, rather DaVinci Resolve and I tinker with Vegas Pro. However I do have Movie Studio 15 installed to assist friends who use it and will be upgrading to version 16 later this week just to keep up with the latest.

* Just to be clear in the event you are not familiar, each succeeding version can use the preceding version projects (not withstanding some special FX, Plugin or Extension that was purchased solely for the previous version), but previous versions cannot recognize succeeding version projects. So you could open your version 13 projects in version 16, but version 13 will not recognize version 16 projects.

Best Regards......George

Return to posts index

Dimitrios Papadimitriou
on Feb 13, 2019 at 12:11:55 am

found this goes over some of what platinum 16 is like. 13 was already kind of the black sheep interface wise and in 16 there are modes now that are there to be beginner friendly which you may like.

Return to posts index

Stewart Bourke
on Feb 13, 2019 at 2:47:08 pm

Bill,

As others have said, as long as you mention the version of Vegas you are running then you will be fine. The help I have got here over the years has been invaluable, and I regularly find myself coming back, searching the archive and finding the answer to what I am trying to do in the forum. If I cannot find it, someone will invariably suggest an answer. Then, as you grow more proficient, you might take the opportunity to answer questions raised by others. I find little has changed in terms of basic functionality over the past few versions - the biggest change for me has been the UI layout - and frankly some of the changes made seem counter-intuitive, but that is just m,y opinion.

I have been a user since VP9 - when I moved over from Pinnacle Studio - and I have never looked back.

Welcome to the community - it is a vibrant, supportive one - so ask away...

STBO

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]