MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Lens Flares

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Engle
Lens Flares
on Dec 28, 2018 at 2:19:33 am
Last Edited By Robert Engle on Dec 28, 2018 at 2:20:47 am

I have Vegas Pro 13. I have found a location that sells lens flares but there is no sound included. Does anyone recommend a place to buy sound for lens flares or knows a place that sells lens flares with sound. I'm pretty new to this but I just want some basic lens flares with some cool sounds.Mainly just want to put like a 15 or 22 second flare at the beginning of a few videos
I'm sure there's a lot of places out there I just want to avoid downloading something that could affect my computer from a place that's not legit.
If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it because are just so much out there I'm just not sure what is good for your computer and what is good to use in Sony Vegas .Also I don't have any other fancy programs just Vegas Pro 13 and Photoshop.
Thank you, Bob

Return to posts index

Dimitrios Papadimitriou
Re: Lens Flares
on Dec 28, 2018 at 4:47:44 am

Vegas does have a lens flare effect though it's not the best. Not sure what sound you're looking for but you could try freesound.org a completely free collection of royalty free sounds. I kind like audioblocks/storyblocks if you want to pay about 15 a month gets you access to a bunch of sound effects and music and there is plenty of other places. If your looking for some lens flare overlays you could try pexels.com or here are some i found on pixabay https://pixabay.com/en/photos/lens%20flare/ those are free. You could also try downloading hitfilm express which is free and use the light flares effect to make some flares you like, then you can export a png file and overlay that in sony vegas.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Dec 28, 2018 at 8:14:25 am

[Robert Engle] "Also I don't have any other fancy programs just Vegas Pro 13 and Photoshop."
Hi Robert! - Do you have a microphone? Do you have a CellPhone that records Audio? Yeah? Then all you need to do is to Capture a SOUND, import to Vegas and let loose all the SFXs that are available in VP and you can produce all sorts of Foley (look this term up) you might need. I love doing Foley Work! - For instance, you could have your camera, or microphone or . . whatever . . setup and capturing next to a FOOD PROCESSOR, and capture away. Upload the FP Audio into Vegas Pro and start apply Deep Echo or Stretching the Event or Reversing or Applying several Layers of the clip. As to the VegasPro SFXs we've got a TON of 'em! - You've paid for them - so use them.😃:

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Francois Pénzes
on Dec 28, 2018 at 5:31:51 pm

Hi Robert

Like Graham says, experiment with sounds. You'd be surprised at what you can get from mundane sources.

As for light leaks, there is a lot of free stuff out there. Look around, no need to re-invent the wheel sometimes.

Get out there and record that squeaky door, your A/C unit, your neighbors band saw, etc...

Look at Graham's face, you can tell he's having a blast experimenting.

Light leaks , one of them here:

PC Win 10 Pro 64-bit 16gb Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz
Cameras: Canon XF305 + Canon XH-A1
Blackmagic HyperDeck Studio Mini
Vegas Pro 14, User since Vegas 3.0

''When the cutting stops, the editing begins...''

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]