MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Camera question

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Kash
Camera question
on Dec 26, 2018 at 5:23:14 pm

So I did not see any other place to post this so if not appropriate feel free to delete or even point me in a more appropriate direction and plus the Vegas area is the only one I frequent lol.

So my handheld is a Sony Handycam (HDR-CX150) and it has been a great camera but its showing its age and it only does 30fps(1080).

Looking to upgrade to something that can do 60fps and (mainly 1080)there are so many options. I would LOVE to spend over $1k for a new camera but reality speaking $500 is more of a reality.

Just looking for good info on what to look for since there are many options out there or any ones to "NOT" even consider,lol.

Thanks for any input....

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
Re: Camera question
on Dec 27, 2018 at 3:56:33 am

Sony cx455 seems to be the sweet spot in your price range. Stick with Sony.

Return to posts index

Michael Kash
on Dec 28, 2018 at 1:38:57 am

Perfect thank you Paul...

Return to posts index

Michael Kash
on Dec 28, 2018 at 3:57:30 am

So with your recommendation Paul I sat down and started looking at more of the sony stuff. I know my budget is around $500 but started looking at a few other models--one was the FDRAX33...

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
on Dec 28, 2018 at 4:21:28 am

FDR-AX53 .. well worth the extra $100 ..

Return to posts index

Michael Kash
on Dec 28, 2018 at 7:50:44 am

I did look at the FDR-AX53 and compared it to the FDR-AX33 and the only big difference I could see was the 20x (53) and 10x on the FDR-AX33. There were a couple small differences and I never use zoom so I don't see a reason for the FDR-AX53 unless there was something I was missing.

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
on Dec 28, 2018 at 7:45:35 pm

I didn't look that carefully, but the 20x zoom seemed worth the extra money to me .. if not for you .. then the AX33 is a better choice ..

These cameras came out in 2015 .. aren't they going to be replaced soon?

Return to posts index

Michael Kash
on Dec 28, 2018 at 10:51:11 pm

Well my HDR-CX150 was released in either 2009 or 2010 and still being used.. So getting a great camera thats just a year or 2 old thats dropped a bunch in price--I will take it for sure ;)

Return to posts index

Scott Francis
on Jan 3, 2019 at 1:00:56 am

I have had AWESOME results with the Canon Vixia G20-40 series (pro versions are the XA versions). I have had 7 of these cameras and use them in live productions as well as in the studio. You can likely find a G30 on ebay for under a grand. They shoot 1080p at 59.94fps 35mbps.

Xavier (Scott) Francis
Mind's Eye Audio/Video Productions

Return to posts index

Michael Kash
on Jan 5, 2019 at 4:37:23 am

Thanks for the input scott. I ended up going with the FDR-AX33 and right now looking for a couple wide angle lenses.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]