MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Happy Otter Scripts for Vegas Pro

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wayne Waag
Happy Otter Scripts for Vegas Pro
on Dec 1, 2018 at 4:02:43 am

Now available for public beta testing--Happy Otter Scripts (HOS), a set of tools for users of Vegas Pro. The aim of HOS is to create a bridge from Vegas to open source tools for rendering and filtering.

A few of its features:
--supports Vegas Pro versions 12-16
--dockable dedicated toolbars
--direct video rendering using x264 and x265 encoders
--support for QuickSync, NVENC, and VCE
--command line access to most encoder features for advanced users
--support for audio encoding using Frauenhofer and Nero codecs
--easy access to Avisynth and VirtualDub filters including:
-resizing and uprezzing to HD and UHD with choice of resizer
-temporal noise filtering using motion vector techniques
-frame rate changes using motion vector tools
-slow motion Fx (up to 10x) using motion vector techniques
-fisheye removal for wide angle video sources such as GoPro
-high quality deinterlacing using QTGMC
-image stabilizastion using the venerable Deshaker

--apply filters to events, loop region, regions or entire project
--frame accurate video trimming for long-GOP formats such as mp4, m2ts, etc.
--dedicated audio trim and render
--GPU-assisted proxy creation and rapid switching between original and proxy
--media rewrapping and transcoding of formats not easily imported into Vegas
--non-destructive editing of graphic and audio timeline events using external editors
--prerender Fx with choice of codecs, how added to timeline, and immediate split-screen preview

Details, demonstrations and a free download are available at: https://tools4vegas.com/

And finally, a shout-out to early alpha testers including: Nick, Guillaume, John, Graham, Marco, Joelson, Michael, and Dustin who have provided invaluable feedback and encouragement. Many thanks to each of you.

wwaag

Return to posts index

George Dean
Re: Happy Otter Scripts for Vegas Pro
on Dec 1, 2018 at 8:12:17 pm

What happens when the beta trial version expires in January?

Best Regards......George

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Dec 1, 2018 at 8:25:33 pm

Hi George,
At the moment, the answer is "I don't know". It all depends upon how much demand there seems to be and whether there are significant problems uncovered during testing. Assuming there aren't too many problems and there is a reasonable demand, then licenses would be made available for purchase. If lots of problems emerge, the beta period would probably be extended. Sorry I can't give a more definitive answer.

wwaag

Return to posts index

George Dean
on Dec 1, 2018 at 9:09:00 pm

Thank You Wayne for the honest answer and I understand. I have tested the Slow Motion feature and it works pretty slick. In the next few weeks I will be diving into other features. And, Thank You for making available some short tutorials to help get us started. Without testing the real meat of your project, it just may be the tools that bring me back to Vegas, or at least seriously consider using Vegas again.

Best Regards......George

Return to posts index

George Dean
on Dec 2, 2018 at 4:50:57 pm

I posted this on the Magix Vegas Creative Software forum......

So far after installing the Happy Otter Scripts (HOS), I downloaded your tutorials for Slow Motion and Stabilization. My comparisons are far from scientific just a one after the other or side-by-side viewing and first impressions.

I compared the slow motion between ProDad ReSpeedr, Twixtor and HOS. My impression was that HOS was better than ReSpeedr and almost as good as Twixtor.

I compared the stabilization between Sony Vegas Stabilize (I think that is version 1 or 2 of Mercalli), Magix Vegas Video Stabilization, Mercalli 4 Vegas Plugin, and HOS. My impression was that HOS was far better to use than Sony Vegas Stabilization (no surprise there), far better than Magix Video Stabilizer, and as good as Mercalli 4 Vegas Plugin.

I rendered comparison samples in HOS by simply fallowing the step and settings as in the tutorials, and pretty much the default setting in the other Sony, Magix, Twixtor and ProDad tools. Using the HOS stabilizer I did need to apply a slight amount of cropping to eliminate a very slight black border left after processing, but the results was I had more viewing area left than any of the others, a small price to pay for avoiding the deep cropping from Sony or Magix stabiliation and even a small increase in viewing area compared the the Mercalli 4 Plugin.

Next I interested in the rendering options. At this point I hope the interest and further development will bring these tools to the market. Great job Wayne, Thank You.

Best Regards......George

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Feb 19, 2019 at 4:38:59 pm

New version 1.0.2.52 released with improved non-English language support, some added features, and numerous bug fixes. Change log may be found here. https://tools4vegas.com/wp-content/uploads/HappyOtter-Change-Log.pdf Beta testing period extended through end of March.

New features for Render+ include:

-New crop resize dialog

-Point (Nearest Neighbor) and Sinc resizers added

-Lossless renders using Magic YUV or UtVideo

-Added VP9 (WebM) cpu rendering options

-Added YUV conversion options to Avisynth Filter Settings dialog

-SloMotion range extended to also include fast motion

-External audio file support during render

New lossless rendering options for AviDub and ImportAssist

Comments are welcome

wwaag

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Mar 11, 2019 at 5:10:50 pm

New version 1.0.2.53 released with improved non-English language support, some added features, and numerous bug fixes. Change log may be found here. https://tools4vegas.com/wp-content/uploads/HappyOtter-Change-Log.pdf
New features include:
  • Windows and Vegas installations no longer limited to C directory
  • UtVideo silent install
  • Non-English filenames and folders now supported in all tools including SmartVideoTrim
  • Render+, RenderEvents, AviDub--open folder and select file after render
  • New Tools: added simple GoToEventFile and GoToMediaFile for quick access in Explorer
  • Option to add HOS scripts to Vegas script menu folder for use in Vegas toolbar and keyboard shortcuts

Comments are welcome.

wwaag

Return to posts index

George Dean
on Mar 11, 2019 at 5:45:06 pm

Wayne, "Option to add HOS scripts to Vegas script menu folder for use in Vegas toolbar and keyboard shortcuts", this is slick, Thank You.

Best Regards......George

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Mar 30, 2019 at 5:14:26 pm

New version 1.0.2.55 released with some added features, and numerous bug fixes. Change log may be found here. https://tools4vegas.com/wp-content/uploads/HappyOtter-Change-Log.pdf The public beta testing period has been extended for another 6 weeks to 15 May.

New Features include:

Lossless conversion from variable frame rate recording to constant frame rate without transcoding using ImportAssist. Only the timecode is changed.

Render+ now supports render of events in addition to the loop region, regions, and project.

Render+ now supports use of VirtualDub for rendering which permits use of intermediate codecs such as ProRes, Cineform, GrassValley HQX and any other VFW codecs that are installed

Added pre and post-filtering support to Deshaker

Comments are welcome.

wwaag

Return to posts index

George Dean
on Mar 30, 2019 at 10:36:31 pm

Thank You Wayne, those are some really great feature additions.

Best Regards......George

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Apr 4, 2019 at 7:51:29 pm

New version 1.0.2.56 released with some added features, and bug fixes. Change log may be found here. https://tools4vegas.com/wp-content/uploads/HappyOtter-Change-Log.pdf

Major change-fixed annoying no internet warning message for non-USA users

Added option to Render + so that only regions inside the selection loop are rendered

Comments are welcome

wwaag

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Jun 3, 2019 at 2:59:57 am

New version 1.0.2.58 released with a new tool, added scripts, features, and bug fixes. Change log may be found here. https://tools4vegas.com/wp-content/uploads/HappyOtter-Change-Log.pdf

A new tool has been added--FrameFixer

Some of its features include:

o Optical scene detection optimized for both video and still frame sequences

o Bad frame detection including black frames, flash frames, and duplicate frames

o Bad frame replacement with interpolated frames using optical flow techniques

o Replacement of multiple adjacent bad frames

A demo of the new FrameTool may be found here. https://tools4vegas.com/frame-tool-demo/

The MediaFinder dialog has been changed so that included and excluded filters are always shown.

Comments are welcome.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Yasser Saeed
on Jun 3, 2019 at 4:06:33 am

Any plan to support high DPI mode?

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Jun 6, 2019 at 2:43:48 am

New version 1.0.2.59 released with added features, and bug fixes. Change log may be found here. https://tools4vegas.com/wp-content/uploads/HappyOtter-Change-Log.pdf

Only one new feature has been added. All dialogs are now scalable with a selection of three font sizes from the title bar. Additionally, the default font size may also be changed from inside the Theme Designer.

To download the new version, Launch Help and click on Check Now.

Comments are welcome.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Jul 16, 2019 at 6:26:31 pm

New version 1.0.2.60 released with added features, and bug fixes. Change log may be found here. https://tools4vegas.com/wp-content/uploads/HappyOtter-Change-Log.pdf

The major change is the integration of the new DebugMode FrameServer build 3.0 into HOS. Other changes include:

o AudioTrim—added track render option plus options to bypass event gain, envelopes, and pan settings

o VideoSmartTrim—support for subclips added

o RenderEvents—added checks to insure that video exists in the selected tracks for region and project renders

Comments are welcome.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Jul 30, 2019 at 10:56:21 pm

New version 1.0.2.61 released with added features, and bug fixes. Change log may be found here. https://tools4vegas.com/wp-content/uploads/HappyOtter-Change-Log.pdf

New Features Include:

o ProxyAssist—added option to resize stills to proxy resolution in addition to video

o ImportAssist—added still images import option
  • High quality crop/resize with choice of save formats
  • Option to import small images (less than Project frame size) without timeline “zooming”

o AudioTrim—additional options for selecting which event and track Fx to keep including gain, pan, volume and track envelopes

Comments are welcome.

wwaag

Return to posts index

William Mann
on Aug 4, 2019 at 4:26:07 pm

Thanks for offering this! I am going to give it a try!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]