MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

cannot uninstall pro 13 or 16 grrrrrrrr "windows installer package a dll required for this install to complete"

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brent Holland
cannot uninstall pro 13 or 16 grrrrrrrr "windows installer package a dll required for this install to complete"
on Nov 21, 2018 at 2:23:10 am

I have very little air left to pull out, does Vegas feel I need an extra challenge? I have tried many things in the past two weeks to get pro 13 and the trial version of 16 to work with my computer.none to any avail. and now a new issue. I am attempting to reinstall 13 and now I get this error oh and BTW it wouldn't install either :there is already another version running"

"There is a problem with its windows installer package a dll required for this install to complete could not be run contact your support personnel or package vendor"

some good news to report I have installed an old version of pro 10 and by gd it works!

oh windows 10 latest version updated today, nvidia 1060 latest driver, 24 gigs ram, 512 ssd, 1 terra 7200 rpm, predator helios 300

Return to posts index

Brent Holland
Re: cannot uninstall pro 13 or 16 grrrrrrrr "windows installer package a dll required for this install to complete"
on Nov 21, 2018 at 2:51:53 am

I found this neat little utility on the Microsoft web site . download and choose uninstall when the window pops up. It will run for about 10 minutes so don't panic but it seems to have resolved the uninstall of both 16 and 13.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-prog...

Return to posts index

Ole Kristiansen
Re: cannot uninstall pro 13 or 16 grrrrrrrr "windows installer package a dll required for this install to complete"
on Nov 21, 2018 at 11:48:17 am

How did you find out that it is Vegas that is the guilty one?

Everyone receives the same version of Vegas Pro! So either is your computer or Windows 10 that's wrong! My guess is that the conflict between the internal Intel graphics and your Nvidia 1060 card and its corresponding driver

Return to posts index

Brent Holland
on Nov 24, 2018 at 10:38:54 pm

fixed it, but what a pain.

I did a clean reboot of Windows, whatever the glitch was in gone. two days to get it back up and running, tons of music samples by East West , but for now it seems to be solved

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]