MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

vegas pro 16 crashes when opening / GPU acceleration what a cock up

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brent Holland
vegas pro 16 crashes when opening / GPU acceleration what a cock up
on Nov 18, 2018 at 2:18:57 am

anybody that can offer any help to resolve this problem I will have their first born....

Magix is horrible at support. They bury it on their web site. That tells you something. It means there is so many problems they cannot keep up.

Here's the deal I get the kiss of death errors:
File: C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\VEGAS Pro\13.0\dx_video_grovel_x64.log
File: C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\VEGAS Pro\13.0\svfx_video_grovel_x64.log

but as it turns out they a generic error messages and don't specifically refer to what the problem is.

Magix offers a download in replace of servicing legacy SC Vegas Pro products. The download is for Fast Cut. So I did and by gd it opened up!! (In German only, but at least opened). So tell me what is the difference between the architecture in Pro and Fast Cut. Obviously built differently. Hit Film Express, Pinnacle, Producer all open as well. They all shitty interfaces for example to do a simple audio fade in Hit Film you have click on FX, then audio, then drag a fade out from the options on the audio file. Made by it people no doubt that have never stood face to face with a serious deadline in their lives.

After 10 years with Pro I know the interface and how to make it work I really don't want to change at this point but have no choice unless someone can tell why the only software on the market that won't open on my computer is Pro.

I have tried :

clean install
uninstall New Blue
renaming all vst plugins including East Wests Play (music)
installing the trial version of 16
uninstalling NVIDIA 1060 and reinstalling
uninstalling Intel Graphics and reinstalling
opening early Vegas projects to no avail
3 separate tickets on this subject to Magix zero reply

so why the hell do all the other crappy freebie software open including Fast Cut and not Pro!? Thank gd I didn't actually purchase 16. I have 13

You know I purposely updated my old HP PC to a brand new gaming predator lap top with 24 gigs ram, 1060 card, 17 , etc etc. for Veags. I am 1/2 way through a doc on JFK aid and speech writer Ted Sorensen (I was the last to interview him) I need to finish.

Thx to all in advance.

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
Re: vegas pro 16 crashes when opening / GPU acceleration what a cock up
on Nov 19, 2018 at 4:24:01 am

I'd say you have some sort of system problem ... I think you realize that VP13 works just fine for thousands of us out here ... so if you have a clean install of VP13, then the problem is elsewhere .. I know you say all your other software is working fine, but obviously Vegas is NOT .. there is some conflict somewhere WITH VEGAS that the other software does not encounter. What I'm pointing out is that your system is different than all of us out here who run VP13 daily without issue because we are not encountering your problem.

If all else fails, last resort is to start with a fresh system drive, do a clean install of your OS .. and make sure to load the motherboard drivers. When you have a clean booting system up, load VP13 and nothing else .. If things are screwy then you need to check your computer components for problems. Memory -- video card -- motherboard ...

Try to think of ways to narrow this problem down. I've had long experience with computers and on occasion I've had to start with a fresh install on a new main drive. It seems the long -- and expensive way to solve a problem but it does narrow things down and sometimes the long way is actually the short way. It's rare that system components are flaky, they usually just fail altogether but it can happen. For example, a bad power supply can cause problems without failing completely ... but these things are rare .. I can't say that's your problem but, as I said, last resort is to get down to basics.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]