MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

NVIDA 1060 compatibility with Vegas Pro

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brent Holland
NVIDA 1060 compatibility with Vegas Pro
on Oct 24, 2018 at 7:15:34 am

I have been searching for an answer to resolve my problem and found the below on a forum. All versions of Pro crash on my lap top Predator i7, 24 gigs ram, windows 10, NVIDA 1060 6 gigs, 512 ssd, 1 terra 7200 hd, at the same place "initializing Gpu" I have unsuccessfully tried, Intel graphics alone with NIVIDA drivers disabled, vice versa, all the settings on NVIDA control panel, disabling VST plug ins etc. It did run once on my new lap top but the NVIDA card didn't show up as an option under GPU. The forum said update the driver dummy so I did. Guess what. It hasn't opened since. Does the answer from another forum below seem plausible? BTW Hit Film Express works just fine...weird

"Vegas uses Main Concept software for GPU encoding. That software wasn't updated from 2010, so it does not work with anything but Fermi generation cards (4xx series). On ATI side, HD69xx series.
Video effects are accelerated using OpenCL. Again, that part of code (Sony proprietary) wasn't updated to recognize 900 series cards from nvidia.
Because of issues like this I have switched to Cyberlink's PowerDirector, at least that is updated to use the latest GPU's not only on effects side, but also on the encoding part (that is usually the most time consuming part, so it's a big time saver there)."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]