MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

What did I Click to get this ?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Blayde Stone
What did I Click to get this ?
on Oct 11, 2018 at 12:54:13 pm

Good Morning, was editing a little surfing video from the storm yesterday, everything going nicely until... I think I accidentally clicked on something somehow caused quite a mess on my timeline that I don't understand what I'm seeing. ( see attached photo) I hit the Undo button to try to reset to no avail. Can you tell me what I'm seeing with the A and B and X ?? and how to get back to my original looking timeline, as always appreciate your help.

Return to posts index

George Dean
Re: What did I Click to get this ?
on Oct 11, 2018 at 2:43:28 pm

Right click on the track header (far left of track where the Track Motion, Track FX, etc options), in the drop down menu un-check 'Expand Track Layers'.

Best Regards......George

Return to posts index

Richard Jones
on Oct 12, 2018 at 11:00:32 am

You almost certainly clicked at the point where two events met together. Pressing 5 on the Numeric Keynbard is another way of getting iy back to normal.

Richard

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Oct 12, 2018 at 11:47:33 am

[Richard Jones] "You almost certainly clicked at the point where two events met together."
I do wish there was a way to make this a USER Preference OPTION. Take it out from the default. So many people click on it and end up getting this. And Richard, yah know what? I’ve read of only a handful of people who use this feature. Personally I’ve never ever used it.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Jorma Nippala
on Oct 12, 2018 at 12:43:01 pm

The advice here https://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/24/1022471 applies if you are in the Expanded Edit Mode which Graham refers to above. That mode was introduced in VPro 12.
If the OP has "Expanded Track Layers", George's tip of course works. Btw., that feature was unfortunately dropped from VMSP as of v 14 by Magix.

Return to posts index

Richard Jones
on Oct 12, 2018 at 2:46:56 pm

Grazie:
Doesn't sound unreasonable but pressing 5 as I suggested is so easy anyway.
Although I don't use it much either, the A/B Roll is extremely useful. Gary's demo in the recording of the webinar at the launch of Vegas 12 has a brilliant example of hoe this works.

Jorma:
That's disappointing.

Richard

Return to posts index

Blayde Stone
on Oct 12, 2018 at 3:27:27 pm

Thank you "all" things back to Normal Now PTL ! Appreciate your Help !
Cornerstone Productions LLC.

Return to posts index

Paul James Chatman
on Oct 19, 2018 at 10:00:22 pm

This has caused me a pain many times. But, I have times when I found it useful. But, yeah, irritating...

hello

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]