MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Adding same effect?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dhanen Moteuchi
Adding same effect?
on May 14, 2018 at 9:21:28 am

Hi all. Sorry for the second post, but this is a completely different question. I am making a video that has a lot of cuts and I want to add volume to all. I know I can do it with "V" and blue line, and from the top left, but I want to do it adding the effect from the green icon 'cause those ways aren't enough, and if I "copy" and "paste event attributes" to all cuts, some of them would lose the effects I added. So, how can I paste the volume attribute only without losing the other ones? Thanks in advance and sorry for my english.

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
Re: Adding same effect?
on May 15, 2018 at 2:14:26 am

Which Version of Vegas?

Return to posts index

Dhanen Moteuchi
on May 15, 2018 at 4:59:13 pm

Whoopsy! My fault. I am using Sony Vegas Pro 13. Sorry for don't specifying and thanks.

Return to posts index

Mark Barton
on May 15, 2018 at 10:11:44 pm

Can you add the volume effect to the track(s) instead? Vegas allows you to apply at the media, track, and event/clip levels. Media probably would not work unless it it all came from the same media file, but applying at the track level is handy for things like this, unless I'm completely misunderstanding what you are trying to do.

Return to posts index

Dhanen Moteuchi
on May 16, 2018 at 5:29:33 pm

Hi. Thanks for the reply. Do you mean at the top left, the volume level horizontal button? That could be handy to applying a change volume, but, and maybe I am wrong, if I want to apply another effect to a long video with lot of "S" cuts I think I can't do it from there, and if I do "copy" and "paste event attributes" I would lose the other effects in some of the parts. Sorry if I am not explaining it well, english is not my native language... Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Mark Barton
on May 17, 2018 at 2:52:52 am

There should be a small Fx icon you can click to open up the Track Fx dialog. He you can add any effects that will be applied to everything on that track.

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
on May 17, 2018 at 2:23:56 pm

There is a lot to learn regarding effects in Vegas, both audio and video. You can increase the volume for an entire track in many different ways. Using the Track Effects is a bit complicated as you must understand the plug-in chain and where to find the Volume effect. Many other audio effects include volume, like Track Compressor (which I prefer to use as it is already there by default on every audio track). You also can use the Master Audio bus . As I said, the use of FX is complicated. There are many good tutorials on YouTube regarding audio FX that are worthwhile.

Another thing might be to try to understand how to "normalize" the audio on an event or multiple events.

But the easy way, in your case, might be to just raise the Track Volume.

Return to posts index

Dhanen Moteuchi
on May 17, 2018 at 2:26:03 pm

Great! That's what I was looking for, I think. I'll check it. Thanks so much to all!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]