MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Can't make pictures less than one second

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Timmyy Lee
Can't make pictures less than one second
on Mar 17, 2018 at 6:28:24 pm

Hi,

I was trying to make for my son an lego foto by foto movie.
I imported all the pictures and then I learned how to group them together and with Ctrl pressed I managed to get each picture to last for 1,07 seconds.
But I can't make it to get them even shorter than 1.07 seconds. If I take them one by one it's working, but not all of them with the above described method, it seems to have a limitation at 1.07 seconds.

I need each picture to last 0.1 or 0.2 seconds.

Do you know how could I do it?

Many thanks
I have Sony Movie Studio Platinum

Return to posts index

Ole Kristiansen
Re: Can't make pictures less than one second
on Mar 17, 2018 at 9:13:22 pm

I've made a short video that shows how to do it in Vegas Pro!

Best,
Ole

Return to posts index

Timmyy Lee
on Mar 24, 2018 at 7:45:22 pm

[Ole Kristiansen] "I've made a short video that shows how to do it in Vegas Pro!"

Thank you very much, I appreciate your effort for making the video and putting it up

Return to posts index

Peter Kyroglou
on Sep 9, 2019 at 10:12:12 am

I really need to know how to make pictures under 1 second long in Sony Movie Studio which is similar to Sony Vegas Pro. It appears that the video made to answer this question was deleted. Is there anyway that someone in this thread could answer the question again? I'm trying to create stop-motion animation and I need to know how to do this. Any response would be much appreciated!

Return to posts index

Dave Dobbin
on Sep 10, 2019 at 12:28:34 am

If I read your question correctly, you just need a block of images that each last 0.1 seconds. Go to Options, Preferences then Editing tab. The third parameter after the four initial tick boxes is 'New still image length (seconds)'. Make this 0.1, then select all your images and drag them to the timeline. Each will be 0.1 seconds in duration. I tested this with 60 images and the result was a 6-second movie.

Return to posts index

Peter Kyroglou
on Sep 10, 2019 at 1:13:51 am

When I type in 0.1 it makes it into 0.100 & then reverts the picture to just a second and when I make it 0.001 and I drag my picture in it can't be seen at all. I'm having trouble getting it do what you got it to do. I wonder if there's some button I need to press to get my version of Sony to make it work.

Return to posts index

Francois Pénzes
on Sep 10, 2019 at 2:22:48 am

Hi Peter

Here's a link to one of many tutorials on Youtube. For more, just type vegas pro image duration
in the Google search box.

Notice that as you change the numbers in the Still Image Length box, to the right of that box it will let you know how many frames the picture duration will be. Just set accordingly.

Cheers !

PC Win 10 Pro 64-bit 16gb Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz
Cameras: Canon XF305 + Canon XH-A1
Blackmagic HyperDeck Studio Mini
Vegas Pro 16, User since Vegas 3.0

''When the cutting stops, the editing begins...''

Return to posts index

Dave Dobbin
on Sep 10, 2019 at 4:01:06 am

What do you mean 'then reverts the picture to just a second'? Do you mean that you enter 0.1 and after you press Enter, the figure in the 'New still image length (seconds)' box displays 1.000? It doesn't for me. The YouTube video that was suggested for you to watch is exactly the process that I proposed for you.
'when I make it 0.001 and I drag my picture in it can't be seen at all' - That figure of one one-thousandth of a second is just far too small. The smallest that can work is the duration of a single frame. If your movie is 25 frames per second, that would mean each frame is 1/25 second, naturally. That is 0.04 seconds. Anything smaller would be too small to fill a frame, so I'm not surprised that movie studio doesn't show you anything. Try some other values greater than, say, 0.05 and see what happens. Try 0.2, 0.5 and so on. If any work, then 0.1 (the value you really want) should also work.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]