MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Vegas Pro 15.0: Audio in timeline but not in render

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Keith Ballard
Vegas Pro 15.0: Audio in timeline but not in render
on Nov 11, 2017 at 10:23:03 pm

I have been using previous versions of Vegas for six years now but this is a new one for me. I upgraded to Vegas Pro 15.0 and absolutely everything seems to be working just fine. I was quite happy to see that the GPU acceleration now means that my 1080p60 footage seems to render faster than my 720p60 used to.

But for some reason every render has no audio. I've spent all morning reading threads and looking at troubleshooting videos but I can't seem to find anyone else who has this exact problem and got it fixed. The audio and video preview correctly, but when rendered the file only has video with no audio. I've tried importing it into Audacity, loading into different video players, handbraking it, and even uploading it to youtube to see if it's just something wrong with my PC's file playback. As far as I can tell Vegas is just genuinely not including the audio.

I've tried changing the audio device type from Microsoft Sound Mapper to Windows Classic Wave Driver as some have suggested but to no effect. Yes, the "include audio" mark is checked in my render settings.

I'm totally at a loss for explaining what is going wrong here, so here are some screenshots in case someone can spot something I've overlooked.

Render Settings

Timeline

Rendered Test Video Properties

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
Re: Vegas Pro 15.0: Audio in timeline but not in render
on Nov 12, 2017 at 5:37:51 pm

Try opening a new Vegas project and importing your rendered file and see if there's a wave form under the video track, or if theirs an audio track at all.

Danny Hays
Samples of my Work can be seen here:
https://www.youtube.com/user/ErnestDaniels/videos?view_as=public

Return to posts index

Keith Ballard
on Nov 12, 2017 at 7:00:29 pm

The rendered file has a stereo audio track that appears to contain no data.

Return to posts index

Dave Nevins
on Nov 13, 2017 at 10:37:53 pm

Hey Keith -- I've encountered something similar; possibly related. I've been using Vegas Pro for years, but now after installing Vegas Pro 15, my old Vegas Pro versions have issues when rendering audio. Not sure if it's a bug or a setting I accidentally hit.

For instance, if I have an audio track that uses a bus w/ a Sony VST, and the audio Master also has a Sony VST; then both effects will play on monitor, but the render will never be included from the VST on the Master. Verified this several times with different files (new or old). Further, if you take off the audio bus, then you get the Master VST on the render! Weird.

[E.g., if I have a vocal track that goes to a bus with Sony Chorus VST; and the Master audio had a VST with Sony Graphic EQ and all bass has been eliminated; then when monitoring you can hear the chorus effect and only treble; but when rendering you only get the chorus -- unless you don't use the audio bus -- and then the EQ effect works. Bizzarre.]

I think this issue started when i installed Vegas 15. But the problem is that I use audio busses everywhere; so my Vegas experience is currently broken.

I'm on Win7 and have I've tried un-installing and re-installing MS Net, various versions. I've also tried playing with the audio devices as well. No success.

I hope this is a simple error on my part; and that you can find an easy answer; but my guess is there is some odd things going on with Vegas 15 audio rendering.

Best,
Dave

Return to posts index

Dave Nevins
on Nov 15, 2017 at 2:12:00 am

Update FYI: I solved my problem by uninstalling Vegas 15 and then restarting old versions of Vegas while holding down Ctrl+Shift and replying 'Yes' when it asks to "reset the preferences?" Got that from John Rofrano on another thread. So that solved the strange audio bug. Unfortunately you have to go through the work of re-doing all your prefs, which to me are many. But it was worth it. Was pulling my hair out. Oddly, Vegas did remember my old keyboard custom shortcuts, which was nice. So grateful.

I tried to re-install Vegas 15 with the same Ctrl-Shift trick, but it didn't solve another rendering issues I was having with Vegas 15. Will try to first read up on what it means to start with Ctrl-Shift and then also select the dialog box "delete all cached application" which is displayed. Don't know if I want to do that yet and possibly wipe out earlier versions of Vegas because they can't be re-installed.

Return to posts index

Dave Nevins
on Nov 16, 2017 at 2:02:28 am

This post from Chaz solved my audo rendering issues.
https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/solved-render-crashes-in-ve...

but I had to do the compatibility trick for Win7 (what I use) for it to complete the healing!

but while doing research I notice that Windows 10 -- if that's what you're using -- has lots of audio problems.
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/no-sound-7-tips-fix-audio-issues-windows-10/

Also this is a good resource from Nick
https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/faq-troubleshooting-crashin...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]