MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

vegas pro 14 - project properties not saved properly when restart

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wilfried Van
vegas pro 14 - project properties not saved properly when restart
on Jul 17, 2017 at 9:52:54 am

Vegas Pro 14 has added disable resample in project properties , which is excellent but now it does not save and remember the " view transform " setting.
Everytime I do restart vegas , I do have to go into project properties and change the view transform to " OFF " since that is always restarted as " ACES ".
My project properties are to be 32 bit floating point ( full range ) and view transform OFF . ( since vegas pro ... long time ).
Of course I am aware that after correct setting all settings , I have to save and apply these settings when starting.
This is a simple but VERY annoying issue introduced in vegas pro 14 ( 270 )
( am working on very powerfull HP Z820's systems solely used for editing and nothing else )

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: vegas pro 14 - project properties not saved properly when restart
on Jul 17, 2017 at 12:55:23 pm

[Wilfried Van] "My project properties are to be 32 bit floating point ( full range ) and view transform OFF ."
Are you saying this is for existing projects, or new projects? Had you used the "Start all new projects with these settings" - I just did with your settings and a new projects holds your settings.

Maybe I'm missing something?

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Wilfried Van
on Jul 17, 2017 at 2:53:45 pm

Hi Graham ,

Open vegas ( without a project ) for first time and set project properties properly , save and of course "Start all new projects with these settings" . ( am using vegas since version 4 and this basics I do know in meanwhile ☺ ) .
Now close vegas .
Re-open Vegas and everything BUT " view transform " is correct in project properties ( ie the OFF changed into ACES ).

Wilfried

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Jul 17, 2017 at 3:03:45 pm

Beat yah! I started with VV3 . . .

Sorry, I can't repro your issue.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Wilfried Van
on Jul 17, 2017 at 4:09:47 pm

Maybe I am not clear enough ☺

Start vegas , do not load anything , just set the properties and set the " apply these for all new projects " and press apply.
Now exit vegas .
Restart vegas and verify the project properties -> all are correct but view transform ( ACES instead of OFF ).

When saving a veg file with the properties , it reloads fine with all the project properties correct but each time vegas is started again and nothing yet loaded ( no veg file , vegas just opens ) the properties are again view transform to ACES instead of OFF .

Bizar

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]