MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Transparency in just on a part of a image?

COW Forums : MAGIX Vegas

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dhanen Moteuchi
Transparency in just on a part of a image?
on Jun 12, 2017 at 10:09:30 pm

Hi guys, I am new here, so I think I wrote my problem anywhere else but here, so, sorry if it is repeated. I'll copy and paste the original message with my question. Hope som of you could help!

"Hi guys, I am new here, but I came here lot of times and you all solved my problems and learned to do really cool things by reading your answers, so after all, thanks, overall to Mike Kujbida, Steve Rhoden and, John Rofrano (and much others I don't remember, sorry!)

Well, the fact is I am doing an animation with draws of a window with curtains (animated yet) and the camera passing trow the broken glass. I used chroma color to do it easy then adding the other images. All works fine but the glass. I want to make it transparent, to do this I tried different combinations of masks and duplicated tracks of the window (so I can't hide window in one track and make transparent the other one that shows only the glass) but I had no good results. Chroma won't do the effect 'cause the color of the walls are blue and curtains too as well. Sometimes the glass is totally black, sometimes I can't see anything of the track behind the window's. This is driving me mad. Any suggestion will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance and sorry for my horrible english and the extense text. I know you'll find a good solution due, as I saind, I found here before things that I was sure I won't find it by being specific stuff. Greetings!

Dhanen

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: Transparency in just on a part of a image?
on Jun 17, 2017 at 10:57:49 pm

I would use Alpha Channels instead of Chroma Key. In whatever program you are using to create the animation, render your output using the QuickTime Animation codec using 32bit mode to preserve the Alpha Channel in areas that there is nothing (instead of filling them with green which is what I assume you are doing). Vegas Pro will detect the Alpha Channels and make them transparent without having to use Chroma Key. Then you can have multiple layers of transparency.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

Dhanen Moteuchi
on Jun 18, 2017 at 2:48:15 pm

Hi, thanks for the response. At last I was able to do it with two different layers and masks giving the chroma intacht (indeed I was using chroma, 'cause there will be multiple layers wit buildings and landscapes and camera must be passing throw them with zoom like if it were flying between, due I am using Vegas to make the anymation, I am not expert in any other programs and I only used Anime Studio to make a simple animation that would be in another scene. Anyway I'll try your system too. But I am not sure if I you refeer that I must use masks or what. This is the start point of the animation, I'll do a zoom to make the ilusion we are going throw the window. Glass must be bit transparent and chroma must be... well, you know. Thanks again and my apologies again for my bad english.

11452_ventana01.jpg.zip

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Jun 18, 2017 at 3:18:51 pm

If you want me to see an image, I recommend that you imbed the image in your post like this:

I am not clicking on a ZIP file.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

Dhanen Moteuchi
on Jun 18, 2017 at 5:32:19 pm

Wops! Sorry, I am newbie in this forum. Let me se...

Hope this time it be showed well, even it seems it was turned 90 degrees. Thanks again!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]