MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

how to clone, reposition masked elements?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
karl hungus
how to clone, reposition masked elements?
on Jan 11, 2017 at 3:31:00 pm

hi,
1.say i have picture of a face, i apply mask and cut out just eyes
2.now i want to quickly make multiply copies of these eyes all around the screen in different positions
how?
so far as i tried masked element is in locked position and i can't figure out how to quickly make clones and place them around the screen

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: how to clone, reposition masked elements?
on Jan 11, 2017 at 4:30:45 pm

Yeah, the Mask doesn't cut 'em out, so you can Paste the eyes somewhere else. Nice idea though! My opinion? Do it in a graphics editor and be done. Doing it in Vegas will be real messy and time consuming.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

László Kovács
on Jan 11, 2017 at 5:31:50 pm

Hi,

If you don't want to involve a graphics editor, as Graham suggested, and already done the mask in Vegas, simply copy the masked events to clipboard.
Then add a number of videotracks, so many as you need.
Paste the copyed event onto all of the tracks.
Now all those are on the same location on the screen, because all the tracks have the default position.
So chose the topmost track first, and make a movement via trackmotion. See, how a keyframe is automatically created at the current cursor position.
(You can move the cursor, and reposition the track, that generates kind of moving. Explore it if you'd like, but this is not necessary if you need those eyes in a static position ☺ )

Repeat this for all the tracks.
Hope that helps 😉

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Jan 11, 2017 at 5:36:36 pm

How many sets of eyes? One, two ..... how many? Each set requires a separate Track. As I said, both messy and time consuming.

* Grazie

PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti

Return to posts index

László Kovács
on Jan 11, 2017 at 5:46:21 pm

Once the mask is done (and it's done already, if I understand right the OP), clonings are just keystrokes:
ctrl-shift-Q adds a videotrack. Press 5 times to add 5 tracks.
ctrl-C copies the masked stuff, ctrl-V inserts into the selected track.
In few seconds we can have a dozen copies ☺

Moving them around is another process, that takes some time, I agree, but it would take some also in the graphics editor...

If those eye-sets are required to be completely static, I'd take the graphics editor (Photoshop?) way.
Having them all on different tracks however, enables to move them around later via trackmotion keyframes 😉
So if those sets have to move independently, the multi-track way is the way to go.

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Jan 11, 2017 at 6:27:45 pm

Static, graphics. Moving eyes, Trackdom. There is yet another alternative - GIFs!

* Grazie

Return to posts index

László Kovács
on Jan 11, 2017 at 7:06:23 pm

Here's the VEG:
10947_eyes.veg.zip
Here's the picture:
einstein.jpg

and here's the video:

Uploading took more then making it.
(Just a quick an dirty example 😃 )

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

karl hungus
on Jan 11, 2017 at 7:05:58 pm

thanks, i will try this

Return to posts index

Mark Barton
on Jan 12, 2017 at 1:26:22 am

László,

I gave this a try for fun and used BCC 10 Witness Protection where I could use Mocha to track the masks in the video. In BCC I just checked the box to show mask and used that layer as a mask. To Graham's point, it got complicated quickly, but it was a fun exercise to play with Mocha masks without the full version of Mocha Pro.

Return to posts index

karl hungus
on Jan 11, 2017 at 7:04:02 pm

hello, thanks for reply
the question is not about the eyes , it's just a quick example
i am experimenting with collage type of stuff, layering different masked elements into interesting visuals
wanted some quick way to multiply masked elements, shame it's not so simple in vegas

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Jan 11, 2017 at 7:39:41 pm

[karl hungus] "shame it's not so simple in vegas"
Quite. Thinking "Graphics" in Vegas is a well worn, tiring dusty track. Look closely on the sides of that road and you'll notice the cavernous, hollow-out eyes of those who've tried. Graphic enough?

* Grazie

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]