MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

In Vegas Pro 8, AVI "stream attributes could not be determined" -- though GSPOT says codec exists

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken Kasriel
In Vegas Pro 8, AVI "stream attributes could not be determined" -- though GSPOT says codec exists
on Nov 14, 2009 at 11:50:33 pm

Hi, I am a Vegas Pro 8 newbie. I have a number of AVI clips (uncompressed) created in another program, Cyberlink Power Director. I used it because it has a few neat FX which Vegas lacks.

When I tried to import them into Vegas, they show as "empty" clips (i.e. instead of seeing thumbnails from the clip in the timeline, I see blocks corresponding to the clips' lengths, but they are blank except for a horizontal line in the middle. )When I press play, nothing appears.

I suspected there might be a problem because when I click on any of these clips in Vegas' Explorer view, at the bottom of the Explorer window is a message, "Video: stream attributes cannot be determined".

GSpot says, re the clips in question: "No codec is required", and that the YUY2 Codec is named "YUV packed 4:2:2"

What is strange about this is that the following lesser (in terms of price, at least) programs recognise and can work with these clips quite happily: Power Director; Ulead (Corel) Video Studio Pro X2; Magix Movie Edit Pro 15; and Adobe Premiere Elements 1.0. Windows Media Player and GOM (another media player) play these clips with no problem.

What could the problem be with Vegas Pro? How can I get it to recognise and work with these clips?

I'd be grateful for any help -- I have a lot of time invested in these clips, and wanted to use Vegas' superior arrangement features to stitch them together, along with other clips, into a final movie.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]