MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Newbie question: pre-rendering in Vegas Pro8

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken Kasriel
Newbie question: pre-rendering in Vegas Pro8
on Nov 9, 2009 at 6:00:59 pm

Hi, apologies for the very basic question.

I am new to Vegas Pro 8. In it, I have placed a clip on the timeline; then copied it, placing the copy in the same track, immediately after the original. I have then reversed the copy.

Playback of the original is fine, but when the playhead reaches the reversed copy, it is choppy.

I notice that on the timeline, above the copy, there is a blue line. From my experience with Adobe Premiere Elements, this means a clip which has had FX (such as reversal) applied needs to be pre-rendered for playback to go smoothly. In that application, you do this by pressing Enter.

Is that what the blue line means in Vegas? At all events, how do I make playback of the reversed clip smooth? The help file suggests that to "pre-render" I press Control + M; but when I do this, I get a dialogue asking me what file format I want to save the clip as, as though it thinks I want to export a finished clip. I don't, I just want playback to be smooth so I can continue editing.

What do I do?

I would be grateful for any advice.

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
Re: Newbie question: pre-rendering in Vegas Pro8
on Nov 9, 2009 at 7:39:27 pm

Choose whatever format the source footage is for a pre-render.
For example, if it's footage from a miniDV tape, choose DV-AVI.
If it's HDV, choose that, etc.

Return to posts index

Ken Kasriel
Re: Newbie question: pre-rendering in Vegas Pro8
on Nov 9, 2009 at 7:57:22 pm

Actually, sorry, let me follow up differently -- please ignore my last response.

Is pre-rendering what I really need to do here? It is is Premiere, so it was my guess that I need to do it here too. I just want a preview which runs smoothly; if I can do this without creating a new file, that would be preferable. But if I need to create a new file i.e pre-render one, if I understand the term, then ok. Please clarify.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]